What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Mk3 Mondeo locks itself - allgoodthings

everything seems to work on the 53 plate Ghia hatchback except the button under the tailgate. However if I unlock the car with the remote and stay near it with the remote (e.g. to check oil or tyres, as today) it relocks itself after a minute or two. This is without starting the car. If the remote isn't nearby, the car doesn't relock.

fortunately I had the keys in my hand when this first happened! I do have another non-remote key but himself may not always be around with it. It doesn't lock itself while driving (as I see that they can do) - that's fine with me.

is this a fault, or an ill-thought-out feature? If the latter, is there a way to turn it off?

thanks for any ideas.

Ford Mondeo - Mk3 Mondeo locks itself - gordonbennet

Lots of cars relock themselves after a short time but if you open a door during the countdown they don't do so.

Ford Mondeo - Mk3 Mondeo locks itself - Galaxy

It's a characteristic !

Ford Mondeo - Mk3 Mondeo locks itself - allgoodthings

:-)

I will remember to open a door in future. Clearly the bonnet or the boot won't do.

thanks.

Ford Mondeo - Mk3 Mondeo locks itself - elekie&a/c doctor
May be a good idea to get the tailgate button fixed,if this is the problem,as a fault here may cause problems with the cd locking system in the future.could be the rubber button micro switch faulty.hth