What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Lancia set to die - sadly pretty well gone - Trilogy

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/fiat-chiefs-co...y

Always thought a Rover, Lancia, Saab merger would have made sense. All fwd in the segment below Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar etc but above the French, Ford, most Japanese and Vauxhall.

They made some of most interesting cars. TG voted Lancia top brand ever. Some superb cars before FIAT took over. Even one or two after FIAT eg Delta Integrale

Lancia set to die - sadly pretty well gone - oldtoffee
I was given a Lancia Beta HPE as a company car sometime in the late 70s. 2 litre DOHC and disc brakes all round it drove well! It was nearly 2 years old when I was given it and I ran it for 18 months by which time it was showing 80k miles and was rusting on every panel and I think the company got 10% of its new price on trade in for a Golf. Shame to see them shrink back especially as Fiat aren't much cop at anything other than small cars.
Lancia set to die - sadly pretty well gone - daveyK_UK

Are they still selling re-badged Lancia's as Chryslers in the UK?

I though Lancia was continuing on Italy until 2018 and there is already growing Italian voices for a plan beyond 2018.

Lancia set to die - sadly pretty well gone - Trilogy

I have doubts as to the economic viability of just selling in Italy. Might as well sell in all of mainland Europe.

Lancia set to die - sadly pretty well gone - Sofa Spud

Lancia would fit well in the VW Group alongside Seat and Skoda as glorified bodybuilders, designing and building cars based on VW mechanicals and floorpans.