What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - ford mondeo tdci engine swap - dancartwright82

Hi im after abit of help, Iv just done a engine swap both engines were running both came out of a 2004 both 130 tdc 2.0, now i cant get the engine to run iv tried bleeding the fuel still no joy, no fault codes and getting good fuel pressure on cranking but will not fire, are the fuel pumps connected to the immobiliser didnt no if this was the problem and it needed swapping from the original engine, i have swapped the injectors over so no need to recode them any help thanks

Ford Mondeo - ford mondeo tdci engine swap - Galaxy

I've got a feeling you need to swap the ECUs as well, but I'm someone more knowledgeable will come along soon.

is this just because of the fuel pump, if thats the case il just swap the pump as everything else is the same.

Ford Mondeo - ford mondeo tdci engine swap - elekie&a/c doctor

No need to swap the pump or ecu.Neither are coded to the engine.When you say there is good fuel pressure,can you quantify how much in pressure/bar.

do the fuel pump hav anything to do with the imobilser? there was i cant remember exactly about 300 or 400 bar, i have the f super with live data and no fault codes

Ford Mondeo - ford mondeo tdci engine swap - elekie&a/c doctor

Fuel pressure is good .Pump has no connection to the immobiliser.In live data,what is engine cranking speed/rpm?

cant remember now but had it jump started of another car so plenty of battery power and cranked over fast

sorted easy start sorted it must of bee trapped air in the fuel thanks for your help