Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Warranty Direct- Please Help - priteshkalidas

Hi Guys

My Dad purchased a policy with warranty direct and the wastegate valve has failed on the turbo, and this has been diagnosed on a diagnostic check. The car is at an authorised mercedes dealer in Warrington. Warranty direct sent one their 3rd party assesors to view the vehicle and he stated that he apporved the claim. I spoke to warranty direct and they stated that Mercedes-Benz have lied about this.

( I have all the email corrospendance between Warranty Direct, Mercedes and the assesor in my possession).

Now Warranty Direct have contacted Mercedes stating the claim will not be approved as Mercedes have to strip the entire turbo unit. I have spoken to the cheif mechanic as Mercdesed on my dad's behalf and he stated that it's Mercedes-Benz's policy not to strip a turbo and its written in their guidlelines.

My dad's been without a car for 2 weeks, although mercedes did provide him with a like for like replacement out of good will for 1 week. As you can imagine my dad's stuck in the middle of an arguement between Mercedes and warranty direct, and in my opinion if mercedes do strip the turbo and warranty direct refuse the claim, my dad is stuckj with a bill of over £2000.00 instead of an excess payment of £250.00

I have contacted warranty direct stating that they will hear from my solicitor next week and the matter will be taken further

Thanks

Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Warranty Direct- Please Help - Collos25

I wish you luck with WD most after market insurance is worthless,how old is the car and when did your father buy it.

Is it a turbo or Kompressor?

Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Warranty Direct- Please Help - Avant

The fault seems to be with Mercedes in this case, rather than Warranty Direct.

Please be careful if replying to the thread: views on warranty companies can get quite heated, and we must take care to stick to the facts.

Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Warranty Direct- Please Help - alan1302

The fault seems to be with Mercedes in this case, rather than Warranty Direct.

Please be careful if replying to the thread: views on warranty companies can get quite heated, and we must take care to stick to the facts.

Seems more Warranty Direct the problem here rather than Mercedes as they have said they would repair it one way and Warranty Direct another - surely Mercedes would know better?

It's a 58 2009 model, he bought the car privately with the full AA inspection taken out on the vehicle

He purchased the car around 18 months ago and its turbo model

Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Warranty Direct- Please Help - Simon

In my opinion Warranty Direct are looking for a reason not pay out. If the fault is present and the Mercedes main dealer has declared that the turbo requires replacing, what do Warranty Direct have to gain other than finding a reason not to pay by insisting that more hoops need to be jumped through.

After market warranties are a waste of money as far as I am concerned, they exist to make money by taking it out of your pocket - not by paying it back out on claims.