What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - takuhii

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew how much a new sump would cost for a Ford Focus? It would seem the D*CKHEAD who owned the car before me has had the old sump welded where he's grounded it on a speedbump probably, because of where it's wleded, you can't pull the sump plug/nut out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers guys (and gals)
Darren

Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - skidpan

I was wondering if anyone knew how much a new sump would cost for a Ford Focus?

Close to most towns you will find a Ford dealer. Tell them your reg or VIN and they will tell you how much a sump costs.

Simples.

I don't really want to go to Ford, I'd rather just get a general idea, but thanks for the info...

Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - Collos25

Do you mean you cannot pull the sump plug out or you cannot screw it out.

From 9 ukps for second hand one 30ukps for a new one on Ebay

Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - Galaxy

You could always invest in a suction type oil extraction device. Then no new sump would be required!

The previous owners has evidently bottomed out the car on a speed bump or a curb or
something, and had it welded up, but who ever has wleded it has welded OVER the sump plug, so it is immovable, i.e. can't be pulled out.

I thought welding a sump was quite dangerous and probably just as expensive as having it replaced. 9-30GBP sounds like a bargain, I'll get this done in the new year. I'm more concerned that if I take it to a garage that DOESN'T have a suction device, they'll refuse to do any work on it :/

Cheers for the advice chaps.

Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - Peter.N.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-8TDi-98-04-CONNECT-02-1-8TDi-STEEL-SUMP-OE-QUALITY-/251336409909?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a84d14335

Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - skidpan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-8TDi-98-04-CONNECT-02-1-8TDi-STEEL-SUMP-OE-QUALITY-/251336409909?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a84d14335

No good for the OP. His car is a 2.0 TDi which is the Peugeot engine, the 1.8 in the listing is the old Ford iron block unit.

Not dangerous to weld sumps but they must be thoroughly cleaned other wise the oilresidue affects the welds. The sump on my classic is a welded modified one.

Edited by skidpan on 13/12/2013 at 14:32

There are hundreds on Ebay for the 2.0litre as well as 1.8s.

Ford Focus 2.0 TDi 07 Plate - New Sump for Ford Focus - Peter.N.

Apologies, didn't read it properly, I entered 2.0. but didn't look at what came up.