What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - P2300 "ign coil A Prim Control low" and P2303 - jason_goncalves

Hi, recently I have had this code pop up on my OBD2 scanner. P2300 "ign coil A Prim Control low" and P2303 "ign coil B Prim Control low" My car has actually cut out twice also (no restart) After replacing both my Coil and Leads, seemed ok. Drove down the dual carrigeway and it re-appeared. Car didnt cut out this time though. Today I drove it and when I left the dual carrigeway, cut out and wouldnt start! I fiddled with the wires that run into the coil and it started no problem. I have been reading other forums and this connector seems to be a common fault? Ford dont sell this seperatly though? Any one else having similar issues?

thanks

Jas

Ford Focus - P2300 "ign coil A Prim Control low" and P2303 - Kev111

Hi Jason,

have you got any more details on the car engine code, year of manufacture, it all helps

Kind Regards Kev

Hi, car is a 56 year ford focus 1.6 sport. Getting a drop in voltage to the ignition coil 12v wire? Step pied the wire but now it's not dropping? Followed it to the source and all seems ok? Can't understand why or what's causing it to cut out?

Thanks Kev

Edited by jason_goncalves on 16/11/2013 at 11:13

Does the engine control system still give the same fault codes since you carried out the repair? Couldn't understand the term "Step pied" what does that mean?

Regards Kev

Hi Kev,
Well update:
I meant stripped the wires but my phones auto correct did it's own thing. So today I have literally traced the wire all the way through the loom and tested voltage and resistance. It had a constant 12 vaults... After re-insulating the wires and plugging it all back in the fault hasn't appeared again. I think it could have possible been some acid build up on the wire? Then when I moved it it might have freed it up. I have also sprayed most of the connections and earths with electrical contact cleaner from Halfords. Will repost if problem persists.

OK Jason,

that's good news I'm glad you used contact cleaner and nothing else!

Kind Regards Kev