What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Mk2 Verona (X) - Continuous power feed for stereo - Franimal

My son recently bought a Mk2 Mondeo Verona (2000 X) and has replaced the original stereo with a new one. However, the new stereo isn't remembering its settings which suggests that the continous power feed isn't connected (or has blown its fuse). The Haynes manual doesn't cover the stereo wiring and we don't know which wire is the continuous power feed! Any help on where to look, what colour it is etc would be greatly appreciated (and would save him having to pay someone to get it sorted). Also, where is the fuse located for this?

The new stereo is a Sony and he bought the adapter wiring harness from Halfords. Everything works great apart from the memory on the stereo - we know the continuous feed was working prior to fitting the new stereo as he didn't have to put in the key code every time he drove. I'm wondering if its the fuse as he didn't disconnect the battery before fitting the new stereo...

Thanks in advance! (This info will be useful for me too when I get a new stereo for mine!!)

Ford Mondeo Mk2 Verona (X) - Continuous power feed for stereo - elekie&a/c doctor
I think the permanent power supply is the blue/black wire.Fuse is either on board behind glovebox or engine bay.the wiring harness adaptor should automatically connect the original supply line to the new stereo unit.Perhaps the fuse has been blown.hth
Ford Mondeo Mk2 Verona (X) - Continuous power feed for stereo - Franimal

Thanks - I had a feeling this might be the case - I'll let him know in the morning and he can have a grumble at it again :) At least he knows what wire to look for and where the fuse is likely to be!

Cheers!!

Ford Mondeo Mk2 Verona (X) - Continuous power feed for stereo - Collos25

The red and the orange want changing round.

Ford Mondeo Mk2 Verona (X) - Continuous power feed for stereo - Peter.N.

... on the lead from the radio.