What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2007 ford transit tourneo 2.2 tdci fwd - cause of very high fuel consumption - smed706

high does any1 have any idea why my tourneo is doing less than 25 mpg on a motor way run compared to my friends identicle tourneo which does 45 plus mpg ??? thanks in advance

2007 ford transit tourneo 2.2 tdci fwd - cause of very high fuel consumption - Peter.N.

Is the other one being driven in the same manner and at the same speed?

2007 ford transit tourneo 2.2 tdci fwd - cause of very high fuel consumption - smed706

yes it was me driving them both to manchester airport and back same amount of fuel added at start and both had been serviced in the same week

2007 ford transit tourneo 2.2 tdci fwd - cause of very high fuel consumption - Peter.N.

Was this a brim to brim test or do they have a fuel computer? Is yours smoking?

yes brim to brim and the 1 with good fuel smoked but mine doesnt

2007 ford transit tourneo 2.2 tdci fwd - cause of very high fuel consumption - thepoolguy

brakes binding on yours? headwind? Roof rack? Trailer? loading different? On my old TDDI Transit, it didn't take much more throttle to absolutely murder the fuel economy.

no brake problems no roof rack no trailer both empty