What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic 1.8 EX 2006 - Battery issues? - Frankm301

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so apologies if I ask some stupid questions.

I have a few things to mention, which may or may not be related – so please bear with me!

I initially started having problems with the alarm going off - mainly without sound – just lights flashing .As far as I’m aware, this issue doesn’t appear to be occurring very regularly now.

I’m not sure if this has affected the battery – but the car now struggles to start up in the morning – the other day I was close to calling the AA before finally getting it to turn over. Since this event now the drivers, front passenger window switch control has stopped working (possibly a coincidence but never had an issue prior).

I’m not sure if this is battery related (the indication cell, still shows green) – or whether an alternator or even alarm fault (running the battery down). Apologies if this all sounds a bit random but struggling to work this out & don’t have the ready cash to go straight to a main dealer.

Many thanks

Honda Civic 1.8 EX 2006 - Battery issues? - Galaxy

From what you describe it does sound very much like your battery has had it. All these things are classic signs of the battery failing. The green indicator means absolutely nothing; it only shows the condition of one of the six cells, anyway, and, for all you know, all the other cells could be dead! My last battery showed the green indicator when it was completely incapable of starting the car, if that's anything to go by.

No need to go anywhere near a main dealer. Most places that sell batteries will test your battery for free. The problem could also be the alternator so this really needs to be tested, just to make sure.

A small local independent auto-electrician might be your best bet here.

Edited by Galaxy on 28/08/2013 at 11:15

Honda Civic 1.8 EX 2006 - Battery issues? - Frankm301

thanks for your response - I'll get on to it!

Honda Civic 1.8 EX 2006 - Battery issues? - elekie&a/c doctor

Sure does sound like a battery problem,could be the original.I would check out the price of a genuine battery from Honda dealer.I think you will find it is cheaper than places like Halfords.hth

Honda Civic 1.8 EX 2006 - Battery issues? - Galaxy

Halfords are not cheap for batteries, I'm afraid.

I bought mine from Euro Car Parts; it was one third less in price than what Halfords wanted.

Honda Civic 1.8 EX 2006 - Battery issues? - Quicksilver

Also CarParts4Less are the same as Euro Car Parts and usually cheaper. But you need to check both sites as you can get surprises.

Q.