What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Saloon - 'W' reg - Heater always on hot - Robin the Technician

Hi,

first of all, apologies for the lack of vehicle information - its my father in law's car and he's 80 years old!!

From what he's told me, the heater rotary dial is on cold but there is a constant stream of hot air coming out of the heater. I know nothing about this model - whether it has cable controlled heater operation or electric. He says there is a rotary switch to control the temperature so i'm guessing its electric. The engine temperature is always constant - so no overheating problems.

Anyone out there know of any known issues or reason for the heater to be jammed in the hot position?

Any help and guidance is as always much appreciated.

Thanks

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am

Ford Fiesta Saloon - 'W' reg - Heater always on hot - thunderbird

Had a Puma, same system. Electric valve on heater pipes where they go through the bulkhead under the bonnet, easy to get at. Failed twice in 6 years. Once in winter it failed in the cold position frreezing my nuts off and had to replace it. Finally just before we sold it in the summer it failed in the hot position baking us, simply clamped hose and told buyer about problem knocking off money to fix it. From memory valve was about £50 and 1 hour to fit. Probably loads in scrappies.

Ford Fiesta Saloon - 'W' reg - Heater always on hot - elekie&a/c doctor

Very common problem on Fiesta,Ka,Puma models as they all use the same system.Change the valve first,as this usually fixes the problem.If it doesn,t then the heater control panel is u/s.New ones are more than the value of the car,so it will be s/hand or get the original repaired.An easy fix for an electronics engineer.hth

Ford Fiesta Saloon - 'W' reg - Heater always on hot - alastairq

an obvious check....has the electric plug become disconnected from the heater valve motor?

{Mine did, disconencted by accident at some point, by my messing around the area of the wipers?]