What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - Fizic

I recently took delivery of a brand new Ford Ka Titanium. Within 2 days I queried the specification of my car as some equipment marked as standard when I ordered it has not been fitted. The dealer was initially difficult to deal with but has tried more recently after I have threatened legal action. Having spoken at length with Ford I have been told that Ford are nto going to do anything as they believe they built what the dealer ordered. I have attempted to contact Mark Ovended (MD Ford UK) but he has ignored my questions and referred the query back to the same team in the so called 'Customer Reslationship Centre' who aren't interested in solving the problem.

I have now been offered a lower spec car (which does have the missing euqipment but lack lots of other stuff standard on my Ka) plus a request for an additional £500. Not reallly much of a solution. I am now writing to the Ford Credit bank who have provided my PCP scheme under the terms of the Supply of Goods and Services Act.

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - daveyK_UK

Make sure you have all the evidence about the expected spec before returning it.

Get a solicitor involved and take them to court.

I presume your car is beyond the small claims court limit?

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - Cyd

Ford customer care?

"mulls"

Hmm? What's that?

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - barney100
You should have an order form or receipt with the exact model on it. If your car has bits missing on the face of it Ford don't have a leg to stand on.
Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - thunderbird

All manufacturers normally have a simple statement in brochures that says they reserve the right to change specification etc without notice. Unless the dealer gives you an exact list of what to expect you don't stand a chance in court. Remember that Ford have far more money and better solicitors than you do to fight cases like this.

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - nortones2

Ford are not bothered: they don't have a contract with the OP. However, the dealer does. If you have the spec in writing, and the dealership aren't playing ball, write to them on this, then take legal advice if they are obstinate. Copy Ford in but dson't expect anything much.

Is the KA still made in the Fiat 500 factory?

Is it true here are a few FIAT stamped parts on the KA?

I always thought Ford where keen in such circumstances to remove any suggestion the car was a cheapo Fiat 500?

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - skidpan

Are you 100% certain you have been supplied with a UK spec car. Titaniums intended for other markets will have different specifications. The Ka is made by Fiat in poland and not Ford. Fiat don't have a wonderful reputation for building their own cars so consider what they could achieve when they build cars badly for another manufacturer.

What differences in spec are you talking about.

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - Smileyman

It's quality customer care like this that keeps as far away as possible ..... Rover experienced it too (once suffered never again) ... perhaps this is why for the majority of my motoring life I've driven Datsun/Nissan cars.

(However I will have to look elsewhere for my next car, as Nissan have stopped fitting opening sunroofs to their cars)

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - carl233

Ford seem to have a reputation for awful customer service, my friend had a spark plug fail in a 1.5 year old Fiesta they claimed it was a consumable part and did not want to know. The car had done 8k. The failure of the spark plug caused expensive engine damage and they are not interested in putting this right without substantial cost. He is in the process of starting legal action against the dealer that the car was purchased new from. Be very careful with Ford you will get NO backup in the event of issues or problems.

Volume manufacturer,

no need to waste time on customer concerns over design faults.

Remember the clear defect on the Fiesta alloy wheels collapsing and bending on any pot hole/hump?

Despite watchdog, motoring press, and some strong independent tests all telling Ford they had a serious defect; what was Fords response to the muliple thousands who had sufered the problem?

'Its the way you drive and due to impact you have forced on the wheels!'

Edited by daveyK_UK on 28/07/2013 at 09:05

Ford Ka Titanium - Ford Customer Care - carl233

Spot on Davey it is design faults and clearly there is no regard to retain the customer for the longer term. I am sure anyone that has been burned by the appaling customer service and backup of Ford will not consider returning when they are in the market for a new car again. Everyone I know with a nearly new Ford seems to have had a catalogue of various problems and it seems to take the threat of legal action to get things done.

Edited by carl233 on 28/07/2013 at 11:01