What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford ranger - Dealers verbal agreement on price - hbarn2
Ordered the car in April 2012 with an estimated delivery date of July 2012. July came and went and a new delivery date of the end of 2012 was given. After chasing Ford head office customer relations direct eventually got delivery on 1 June 2013. When picking up the vehicle was told that there had been a price increase in September 2012 and of course our part exchange value had gone down. We were asked to pay AN ADDITIONAL £7,000 on top of the originally agreed price. Ford HQ will give us 2 services free for the inconvenience. Absolutely disgusted with Ford for not honouring the original price agreed seeing as it was there fault for the massive delay. Has anyone else had the same problems? What are the legal implications? I have paid most but kept back a few thousand pounds until something is sorted out. HELP
Ford ranger - Dealers verbal agreement on price - daveyjp
In cases such as this your first port of call is the contract. What does it say about price increases between order and delivery?

Ford ranger - Dealers verbal agreement on price - RT

Apart from the GT40, have Ford ever made a car worth waiting 15 months for?

The price increases and p/x reduction are usual - but so would be the right to get your deposit back and walk over that sort of delay.

Ford ranger - Dealers verbal agreement on price - Armitage Shanks {p}

As Sam Goldwyn once remarked "A verbal Contract isn't worth the paper it is written on"

Ford ranger - Dealers verbal agreement on price - Andrew-T

One of the less important reasons why I have never bought a car I can't actually inspect. I won't list the more important ones - they are obvious, to me anyway.

Ford ranger - Dealers verbal agreement on price - SlidingPillar

There are two price issues here. The contract on the p/ex would usually be for the market rate at the time, but one can get firm prices in advance. Not that common, but can be got, I've had one which guarenteed the price of the p/ex some months later. If this applied, the dealer would have been saying so.

Most contracts for a new vehicle are based on the price ruling at the time of dispatch. So if the MRP goes up - the price you pay goes up by the same %. So if you had a 6% discount, the extra should also be discounted by the same amount. However, you do have a case for a rather better discount since the dealer hasn't had to work for the extra money.

Consult your copies of what you've signed and by all means take legal advice, but I think you have to pay. Had you pulled out, you'd have a case for getting your deposit back as although time wasn't of the essense in the initial contract a delay of that magnitude would make it arguable I think (but I could be wrong).

I'm a bit surprised you appear to have the car in your possesion, most dealers would want payment in full before parting with the goods.