What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Estate Ghia Facelift 2004 - Mondeo sensor, any ideas what it is please ? - Englishbullterrier

Just taking off the bumper to make a small repair. On removing the offside foglight, a 2 wire sensor became unclipped and dropped into view. Any ideas what it might be ?

Many thanks in advance..............ebt

PS, the protusion on the left is solid, ie, it does not push in like a button or microswitch.

[URL=s752.photobucket.com/user/srholmes/media/Sensor_zp...l][IMG]i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx168/srholmes/Sensor_...g[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Englishbullterrier on 18/05/2013 at 15:11

Ford Mondeo Estate Ghia Facelift 2004 - Mondeo sensor, any ideas what it is please ? - elekie&a/c doctor

This is the outside (ambient)temp sensor.Clips into a recess in the front panel,or cable tie it to something nearby.hth

Ford Mondeo Estate Ghia Facelift 2004 - Mondeo sensor, any ideas what it is please ? - Englishbullterrier

Yes, thanks elekie, I thought it might be you that would respond. I thought it may be tfhat, after all, not a lot you can sense with 2 wires unless in an oil or waterway etc.

On another point, whilst running satnav power and audio leads etc, I remove the drivers side under dash panel. Not removeable unless you unclip another sensor (about 18mm, sausage shaped) which actually clips into the panel.

Internal temp sensor do you think ? About 3 or 4 leads this time.

Have a good one and thanks.............ebt

Ford Mondeo Estate Ghia Facelift 2004 - Mondeo sensor, any ideas what it is please ? - elekie&a/c doctor

You got it.In car temp sensor with aspirator fan.hth

I bow to thee, oh sparky master.

In other words, many thanks.................ebt