Audi TT (51 Plate Reg 2002) - Second Hand Car Purchase From Trader - J89

Dear all, In advance thanks for any comments, advice or suggestions. I am in serious need of clarity on this issue.

Having purchased the TT on the 9th Feb 13, I have had nothing but trouble from both the vehicle and also the trader the vehicle was purchased from.

Here is a timeline of events (apologies for length!):

- Car purchased Feb 9th, day of purchase front wiper motor fails rendering the car unsafe to use. Contact dealer immediately who offers (lengthy conversation) to let me take the car to a garage (on a dry day) and get it repaired. This happens 14th Feb, dealer eventually sends cheque for work.

A few days later concerned by various noises, I got the mechanic to give the car a once over the be sure there was nothing wrong with the vehicle (a few days after wiper motor, only mileage covered is back from dealer and a few trips to work roughly 60 miles in total)

-Advised that morning: NO ESP (electronic stability program) light registering on dash (evident fault, as light should register even if a fault is present) , Clutch release bearings potentially about to fail (not noticed on day of purchase as noise was reduced when car was hot!) , rear nearside coil spring fractured, brake discs overly worn (MOT failure), Dash pod playing up with regards engine temps. Try to contact dealer but no answer

- Drove car away from mechanic that evening (fuming!), oil pressure light appears on the dash, car undrivable through fear that the engine might go bang.

- After lengthy conversations dealer agrees to collect vehicle and repair it. 4 weeks later the car is returned, no invoices of work carried out. Dealer stated he did not have to supply these. In which time apparently dash pod was sent off, and returned no faults. Faulty Oil pump replaced, clutch replaced, cambelt service as car should have had this done 2 years ago but nothing with regards to the other issues. ESP light still not registering on dash. NO INVOICES SUPPLIED, clutch is still a bit noisy so doubts as to whether this was done. Also dealer would not advise name or contact details for the garage the work was carried out at?!

- Day car is returned, coolant leak occurs from hose going into the heater matrix. (something disconnected during cambelt service i suspect) car once again undrivable. £70 later, hose reconnected and coolant bottle filled (EXPENSE TO ME) car is back on the road. Mechanic did however notice the cars 'undertray' was missing, coil spring still fractured, brakes still an MOT failure, and insufficient bolt used to reconnect steering strut to drivers side front right. (presumably disconnected to get at clutch assy) Immediately contacted dealer who was less that helpful, didnt offer to re-repair or compensate me for my loss.

- After a daring drive home (same weekend) battery warning light on Display starts flashing, possibly a failed alternator or VREG. Car will now not start. Last straw, contact dealer requesting refund. Reasonable time has been given (owned car for 2 months has the use of it for 9 days) Sent letter requesting refund as advised by trading standards. Dealer refused, has said he will re-repair but refuses to rectify issues present at the point of sale, and keeps telling me to go through warranty. Warranty have said they will not do work as the liability is with the dealer!

As a comprimise before court action I suggested the following: Repair car against issues mentioned above to bring the car up to a roadworthy and safe standard, and MOT to prove roadworthyness. Dealer refused this also!

Do you think I have strong enough grounds for court action / any personal experience which can be shared. Trading Standards have told me that it would be up to a judge, but advised that this may be the only way to see any progress.

Apologies for length, but this issue has gone on for so long affecting my ability to travel to work, fulfill everyday duties. Thanks in advance for any comments!

Audi TT (51 Plate Reg 2002) - Second Hand Car Purchase From Trader - Avant

You've already posted this in the Motoring section. There;s no point in having two threads: if anyuone has any comments, please post them on the thread in Motoring.