What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus zetec collection 1.8 petrol - rumbling noise on cold start - v c patel

Hi Folks

New to the forum i hear a rumbling noise on a cold start first thing in the morning the colder the morning the worse the noise

The noise is there for about 10 minutes once engine is warm it goes away

I have had the gearbox checked nothing broken had a new clutch still noise is there

Any idea folks

Cheers

Ford Focus zetec collection 1.8 petrol - rumbling noise on cold start - Peter.N.

Does your oil pressure light go out immediately? Without hearing the noise I can't be sure but worn main bearings rumble. How may miles has it done and has it ever been run out of oil?

Ford Focus zetec collection 1.8 petrol - rumbling noise on cold start - v c patel
Oil light goes out immediately
Had MOT last month they said bearing are fine
Has done 115000 miles
Ford Focus zetec collection 1.8 petrol - rumbling noise on cold start - Peter.N.

Did they hear the noise?

They did not the 2nd garage did & thought it was the gearbox
After examing the gearbox he found no broken parts only the gearbox oil was dirty
He thought the oil was the wrong viscosity
It has made a bit of a difference but noise is still there only other thing he mentionedwas the lamda sensor