What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - DieselMan1966

Hi all

Following the wife's conversion to electric with her Enyaq I'm now looking

Are there any ownders of an electric Mk1 Kona on here that can help as I know little about these, such as the range, what charging plug does it have, we have a Ohme wall unit at home and are there any issues

thanks

Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - badbusdriver

Had it mind that you already an electric car, a Tesla?

I have a customer with an electric Kona (1st gen) who i could ask, but I won't be doing their windows next till about the middle of the month. What I can say is that they've had this one a while now and it is their only car (so presumably the bigger 64kWh battery).

It is bright metallic orange, so not for shrinking violets!

Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - Wee Willie Winkie

Had it mind that you already an electric car, a Tesla?

That would be me, a similar name to my previous incarnation.

Edited by Wee Willie Winkie on 01/10/2024 at 07:46

Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - SLO76
I have no ownership experience but from following various related Facebook pages while hunting for our own EV they seem to be well regarded by owners. Big battery versions command a hefty premium but the smaller battery cars look value as local runabouts and commuters depending on needs. Sat in a couple and they’re better built than our Leaf, though there’s fewer of them thus less choice.
Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - Ethan Edwards

Think that's a fallacy. EVs even with a relatively modest battery can easily be your only car. I ditched petrol three years ago. We do have a second car, also an EV with a 42kwh battery. The Mokka-e only has a modest 50kwh battery but its been absolutely fine. According to ZapMap a trip to York around 300 miles means only an additional 40 minutes charging and there are chargers to be found all down the A1m corridor. It's completely doable.

Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - SLO76

Think that's a fallacy. EVs even with a relatively modest battery can easily be your only car. I ditched petrol three years ago. We do have a second car, also an EV with a 42kwh battery. The Mokka-e only has a modest 50kwh battery but its been absolutely fine. According to ZapMap a trip to York around 300 miles means only an additional 40 minutes charging and there are chargers to be found all down the A1m corridor. It's completely doable.

Yup, they can be. We tried using our Leaf for longer runs but found the public charging network to be unreliable and hugely overpriced so we stick to more local usage and home charging at off-peak and 6.9p pkwh instead of paying 65-85p which is more costly than filling our petrol Merc. But as a second car the Leaf (or a smaller battery Kona) is perfect and we use it for the bulk of our driving. But yes, you absolutely can use it as your sole mode of transport, if you don’t mind a bit of additional cost.
Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - Ethan Edwards

The occasional longer trip yes at 79p or so but 99% within my EVs range at 9p per kw. So by normally saving big you can afford the occasional expense. I just don't need the dino juice. Stinky, and expensive.

Tonight, Mrs Ethan and myself pop to the shops, took the 500e. I really like how EVs drive. Bags of immediate get up and go, but whisper quiet. What's not to like !

Mk1 Hyundai Kona Electric, thinking for my next - mcb100
Charging connections are exactly the same as the Škoda - the only cars you’ll realistically find with anything different are LEAF and Mitsubishi PHEV.
So you’d have Type 2 for AC and CCS for DC.