What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2014 Honda Jazz - Rear Seat Belt Catch - not catching - Dover Cliff

The rear offside seat belt no longer catches the belt tongue. I have sprayed in WD40 and wiggled it about a lot and pushed in / out the spring a lot too. No joy.

Can you easily take it apart to investigate further ? Is it held by a captive bolt so I can unbolt it without crawling under the car ? Are universal ones sold on eBay truly universal ?

The MOT is due in a couple of weeks and this fault is apparently a fail. But, if I remove it before the MOT so there is no catch to test, then they cant fail it. Curious.

2014 Honda Jazz - Rear Seat Belt Catch - not catching - Andrew-T

Presumably the spring that drives the catch has failed, if your WD40 has achieved nothing ?

As regards universality, I would doubt it, but I would have thought such an easily removed and refitted part could be easily found at a scr-apyard ?

2014 Honda Jazz - Rear Seat Belt Catch - not catching - elekie&a/c doctor
You are going to need a new or used seat belt stalk . I think your mot info is
Not correct . The only way to avoid the problem with the seat belt , would be to remove all the rear seats and their associated seat belt mechanisms .
2014 Honda Jazz - Rear Seat Belt Catch - not catching - Dover Cliff

Problem Solved - eventually.

Yes, it is a captive nut.

Yes, it's easy enough to split open the catch casing.

Penetrating oil didn't help either.

Putting the correct belt into the correct buckle is the only way ! Borrowed from another site (ClubJazz) -

Are you sure that you are putting the belt into the correct socket as on the 2009, 2012 & 2015 jazz one of the belt latches is different from the other 2. One latching socket is for the centre seat belt and the outside belts will not latch into that socket.

When I asked the same of my MKIII, the Honda technician said that this was the most frequently asked question when people got a new Honda. Sure enough I was using the wrong end.