What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Google pixel 8 - Cancelling new mobile phone contract - Orb>>

Just could not get the phone to work properly. would make outbound calls but not getting inbound ones. Multiple factory resets, try this, do that, etc etc.

After ages on the phone to customer "services" finall gave up and returned it in the cooling off period.

Grrh

Google pixel 8 - Cancelling new mobile phone contract - skidpan

Had similar with a Nokia the wife bought a few years ago. Would not update as promised and Nokia were useless (bought it direct). Plenty of traffic on the Nokia forum with people having the same issue so tried to reject it. Told that since I bought direct and they are not in the UK could not do that, b*****. So rang Barclaycard who refunded us immediately pending investigations. That was early 2020 and still not heard but still have the money and they never asked for the phone back.

Good news was after a couple of months the phone started doing updates and worked fine for 3 years until the wife succumbed to a Samsung A54 5G early in 2023. Just like the A52 5G I have its a great phone for sensible money (it cost about £330 SIM free) with 4 years of Android updates and 5 years security updates.

We were tempted by a Pixel 7 but it seemed to offer no more for way more outlay.

Google pixel 8 - Cancelling new mobile phone contract - alan1302

hone started doing updates and worked fine for 3 years until the wife succumbed to a Samsung A54 5G early in 2023. Just like the A52 5G I have its a great phone for sensible money (it cost about £330 SIM free) with 4 years of Android updates and 5 years security updates.

We were tempted by a Pixel 7 but it seemed to offer no more for way more outlay.

Depends what you need from a phone but the Pixel 7 is more powerful, has better water proofing, better camera and stronger screen glass.

Google pixel 8 - Cancelling new mobile phone contract - Brit_in_Germany

Strange - last weekend I was setting up a new DECT phone and called my phone, a Pixel 7, to test it. No ringing but it noted the missed calls. I will have to investigate further.

Google pixel 8 - Cancelling new mobile phone contract - Big John

I have a Google Pixel 6a, and previously have had a Pixel 2 & 4a, all have been fabulous getting inbound/inbound calls and syncing well with my car. Camera always stunning.

Sim issue?

Edited by Big John on 28/06/2024 at 22:44

Google pixel 8 - Cancelling new mobile phone contract - Orb>>

SIM is id aka 3 mobile virtual network.

PITA to deal with and no nearer resolution so cancelled within the cooling off period.

Plus Google set-up wanted to personalize every day.

" Customer services." Not our problem..

Gone back to my old redmi 10 pro wiy Nova 8 launcher .