Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti special 90 (59 plate) - Car value?? - Advice needed

Hi,

Does anybody know the value of this car? The bodywork and interior is good and it has around 90000 on the clock. It's an ex police vehicle... Don't know if this has any bearing? Also has full service history.

Thanks

Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti special 90 (59 plate) - Car value?? - elekie&a/c doctor
Put all the details into one of those car buying sites , and see what they offer .
Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti special 90 (59 plate) - Car value?? - SLO76

Are you looking to sell it or buy it?

If the former then do so quickly, if the latter then don’t. These Fiat Diesel engines have a poor reputation and certainly wouldn’t be a wise budget buy. Stick to petrol at this age and money. If you absolutely must have a diesel (it won’t save you a penny) then find the 1.7 diesel with the tough old Isuzu motor.

As for value, it could be worth £250 or £2500 depending on condition, location and whether it’s being sold by a dealer or individual. There are no fixed values for cars of this age, condition is too variable to have a set price. Look at others for sale on Gumtree or Autotrader to guide your estimate. But again, don’t buy a cheap diesel.

Edited by SLO76 on 21/09/2023 at 01:05

Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti special 90 (59 plate) - Car value?? - Advice needed

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that about the engine...I think I'll probably steer clear then :o)

Thanks

Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti special 90 (59 plate) - Car value?? - daveyK_UK
My company used to purchase our vans and we had a few Fiat Doblos with this engine.
The general rule in the trade was to run them upto 4 years or 90,000 miles and then sell as this was when the engine started to need expensive attention.

I did see vans with this engine do 160k trouble free but it was always within the first 3/4 years.

To finalise the point, the fiat commercial technician said after one of the vans had its first MOT to make sure it was the last MOT in our ownership.
The Doblos also suffered other issues most commonly suspension.

At the age your buying its likely had lots of the work done to survive this long, in a bizarre way it may actually be ok for a few more years, you would need a mechanic to have a good look at the engine.

As the other forum contributor has pointed out, there is no value in going for a diesel anymore unless your doing mega miles; even then a diesel of this age and this one in particular may wipe out any fuel saving with its first breakdown

The astra of this age is available widely, be picky and find a good one. Mechanical history and condition is far more important than body work and spec at this price point.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 22/09/2023 at 05:51