Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - Plantop

Hi all,

l need to renew my breakdown cover as the last two years have been free with Kia, Kia assist which is with the rac have quoted £99 a year or £159 for two years, that’s for onward travel national recovery,at home and breakdown cover obviously, they all have a list of small print and exclusions as long as you’re arm so l am looking for advice please, my insurance want £99.99 a year for basically the same cover with rac with a few differences,any advice would be gladly received so thanks in advance.

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - skidpan

We pay about £70 a year for Aviva cover which is breakdown, onward travel, at home and recovery. Covers me and the Mrs for our 3 cars plus whatever car we are driving or passenger in. RAC provide the actual staff just like Kia assist.

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - Falkirk Bairn

My 11 year old old CRV, Green Flag £64 for everything except European cover - car covered.

Personal Cover is dearer

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - _

Get a quote via moneysavingexpert and get a discount.

Or try start rescue ( for my korando) or rescuemycar also via the moneysavingexpert site.

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - KB.

We pay about £70 a year for Aviva cover which is breakdown, onward travel, at home and recovery. Covers me and the Mrs for our 3 cars plus whatever car we are driving or passenger in. RAC provide the actual staff just like Kia assist.

I thought that sounded reasonable and entered my own details as I would want to cover two cars.

My wife and I on the Joint Personal plan.

4,000 miles, no previous breakdowns

Filled in all their personal requirements inc date of birth etc. (hoping not to get a load of junk mail).

Quote - £111.

BTW (Couldn't see any mention of the age of the car. Mine are both 12 years old.

I guess it makes Autoaid (who I've used since 1984) still look reasonable.

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - Steveieb

Not just the price it’s how long they take to turn up etc.

Take a look at Start rescue through Moneysavers as ORB says !

No 1 in Which .

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - skidpan

BTW (Couldn't see any mention of the age of the car. Mine are both 12 years old.

My Caterham is now 30 years old and before buying Aviva rescue some years ago I checked they covered older cars, told no issues. I did have the opportunity to check this 6 years ago when the petrol lift pump failed, took me home on a flatbed.

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - KB.

There's a bit of difference between your £76 and my £111.

And from what you say it's not the age of the cars either.

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - Ian D
The RAC seem to more poor reviews these days than they ever used to (Which? Magazine, Facebook groups of people sharing experiences), the AA and Start Rescue came out best in the last Which review of breakdown organisations, RAC were bottom.

Edited by Ian D on 24/09/2023 at 08:10

Kia Stonic - Breakdown cover renewal - FoxyJukebox
Beware cheap quotes that then charge “call outs” if you claim or limit the number of call outs