What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - Moodyman
My recently bought Mk2 Jazz does not come with spare wheel (it was an option). I’d like to put a spare steely from an old car. It’s slightly different size. Jazz = 175/65/15. Spare wheel is 175/65/14. Will this cause any issues? Other than aesthetics. It’ll only be short term until the punctured tyre can be repaired/replaced?
Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - madf

I use a space saver wheel which works fine.

A smaller radius wheel is likely to produce ABS issues: it compares rolling wheel speeds..

You can buy a spare wheel on ebay.

Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - bathtub tom
I’d like to put a spare steely from an old car. It’s slightly different size. Jazz = 175/65/15. Spare wheel is 175/65/14. Will this cause any issues? Other than aesthetics. It’ll only be short term until the punctured tyre can be repaired/replaced?

That'll be at least 6% smaller rolling radius. You also need to consider the PCD, offset and rim width.

Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - Andrew-T

<< That'll be at least 6% smaller rolling radius. You also need to consider the PCD, offset and rim width. >>

i.e. whether a 14-inch wheel will contain the brake parts designed for 15-inch wheels ?

Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - madf

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=honda...1

Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - Moodyman
So essentially, if I look for any wheel where the tyre says 175/65/15 that’ll do?

Many of those listed for the ‘Jazz’ come in 14 and 16 inch. Mine is fitted with 15”.

Ideally, I’m looking for a full size spare in steel.

Edited by Moodyman on 09/08/2023 at 16:25

Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - _

Go here.

Have used and recommended in the past.

www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product-category/space-save...y.

cmplete with tyre.

Honda Jazz mk2 - Spare wheel - bathtub tom
So essentially, if I look for any wheel where the tyre says 175/65/15 that’ll do?

No, No, No! As has been stated above, you need the correct PCD and take into consideration the wheel diameter, width and offset.