What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - niel.2

Could you recommend a make + model + trim combination for this feature set?

Highly desired:

1. 5 doors

2. occasional 7 seater

3. glass roof (fixed or openable)

4. spare wheel (under the boot floor, under the car or attached to the back). NOT the glue repair kit and not the loose spare wheel along with the rest of my luggage.

5. climate or aircon controllable via separate physical knobs/dials. NOT via the display.

6. petrol, diesel, hybrid but NOT (solely) electric.

7. rear view camera

8. navigation system with live traffic (I prefer to NOT use Apple CarPlay, although I could probably use my phone as a wifi router if absolutely needed. I guess I'd need some sort of subscription - this is more convenient for me than using my phone. Super handy for the navigation system to choose the route according to traffic)

Nice to haves, but could live without:

9. two displays capable of showing navigation map (one for always forward orientation and another for north up orientation).

10. 360 degrees camera

11. HUD

12. Tyre pressure monitoring

Thank you a lot for your advice.

Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - Adampr

You don't mention budget, but I'd look at a Kia Sorento or Skoda Kodiaq.

Edited by Adampr on 03/07/2023 at 18:17

Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - badbusdriver

Kind of a lot depends on the one piece of info we don't have, the price!

Kind of a lot depends on the one piece of info we don't have, the price!

There's a Bentley Bentagya 7 seater that looks quite nice. Presumably a VW Touareg underneath.

Sorry to not mention the price - up to £60K. Although would be happier with 40K so long as it ticks all the desired boxes.

So, I still think your main options are Kia Sorento / Hyundai Santa Fe (I think the spare wheel is underslung) or Skoda Kodiaq / Seat Tarraco (spare under boot floor is an option).

A Ford S-Max in Vignale trim could be nice. Not sure where the spare is on them.

Finally, in your position, I would be sorely tempted to spend half the money and buy a Dacia Jogger.

And, for the love of god, don't buy anything made by Land Rover.

Edited by Adampr on 03/07/2023 at 19:06

Thank you, will look at those. Dacia is too cheap (and doesn't tick all the above "desired" boxes anyway). What's up with Land Rover?

Thank you, will look at those. Dacia is too cheap (and doesn't tick all the above "desired" boxes anyway). What's up with Land Rover?

The Dacia's got everything except the pan roof, but I appreciate they're not for everyone.

Land Rover comes last or nearly last in every reliability survey every year. They seem to have a particular appetite for snapping crankshafts and their customer service is hopeless.

Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - badbusdriver

What's up with Land Rover?

Statistically about the least reliable vehicle make available at any price. Though if buying new or approved use, your warranty (in theory) means you shouldn't be out of pocket financially. Though that isn't going to help with the inconvenience if you are left stranded at the side of the road.

If you can live with the (err) "challenging" front end styling, I'd be thinking along the lines of this Toyota Alphard on Autotrader,

If you can live with the (err) "challenging" front end styling, I'd be thinking along the lines of this Toyota Alphard on Autotrader,

Hardly ever I've seen anything as ridiculous ??. As if they took a rectangular picture and scaled it vertically to be square without paying attention to the aspect ratio.

Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - Heidfirst

are we talking brand new or are you open to demonstrator/pre-regor even used?

I'm looking for a brand new car.

Based on some research I believe the cars from this list satisfy the desired criteria: VW Tiguan Allspace, Skoda Kodiak and Seat Tarraco. (very similar cars as they share the same platform in beneath).

Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - Falkirk Bairn

Toyota Highlander Excel

Make + model + trim recommendation wanted - movilogo

Genesis GV80, available in 7 seat as well as 5 seat version.