What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Spares buying, Autodoc. - bsm
Hi Guys,
My son has an 09 Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon, it needs new front discs and pads. Does anyone have experience of buying online from Autodoc and the quality of their parts.
Cheers Mo
Spares buying, Autodoc. - _

German website comes up. seems a bit like a 3rd party "agent". They have partners, so assume they take a cut./commission

No good if parts sent from outside UK, Customs and Vat to pay.

Looked for bits and some not in stock.

Edited by _ORB_ on 31/05/2023 at 12:11

Spares buying, Autodoc. - Chris M

I've been using GSF more of late as ECP pricing has gone silly without the bank holiday/Christmas/Easter/Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter discount codes. Staff are equally clueless about what they are selling but I've found their own brand (?) Drivetec stuff okay. If I want knowledgeable staff, my local factor win hands down.

Spares buying, Autodoc. - focussed
I occasionally use AutoDoc germany to deliver parts to me in France, I've found the parts are good quality and deliveries quick.
Spares buying, Autodoc. - oldrocker

Good quality, takes about a week to the UK.

Spares buying, Autodoc. - focussed

German website comes up. seems a bit like a 3rd party "agent". They have partners, so assume they take a cut./commission

No good if parts sent from outside UK, Customs and Vat to pay.

Looked for bits and some not in stock.

You will pay some customs charges but the parts should be shipped with no german vat which is 19% so you will just pay the UK vat at 20%.+ customs charge.
Spares buying, Autodoc. - Archie35

My Volvo headlight got smashed last year (when a low flying pheasant burst out of a hedge and hit it full on). Volvo quoted about £1000 for a repair, but (on the advice of a local independent garage) I ordered a replacement from Autodoc, which arrived promptly and the garage fitted it (the car has xenon bulbs, which need to be aligned, so I didn't want to do it myself); all in about half the price of Volvo. Quality is fine.

Spares buying, Autodoc. - sammy1

Is there a Euro car parts near you also online eurocarparts.com

Spares buying, Autodoc. - Metropolis.
I would be fine with them as a source, but remember they are not making the parts themselves, they are supplying oem and aftermarket, so the quality of the part just depends which brand you choose on autodoc. I normally go for OEM without the (alfa Romeo in this case) branding on it. If say Denso are the oem for air con pumps, I buy from somewhere like autodoc in Denso packaging and save £100s because it doesn’t have the car maker’s name on it.
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have both a GSF ( £160 ish discs a pads ) and Eurocarparts ( £210 ish discs and pads ) within 5 miles. Although in this instance price overrides quality to some extent as son is expecting delivery of new VW UP GTI by October, been on order 9 months now, and will be trading in Alfa then. I will check out Autodoc prices with additional VAT. Thanks again all.
Mo
Spares buying, Autodoc. - Andrew Irvine

I have in the last couple of years used a firm called parts in motion, usually cheaper than most others with a good choice of brands and delivered in a few days.

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the info re parts in motion. Just checked online, discs and pads work out at £100 ish including 10% discount for registering. I will update my son, and he can order parts Monday
Cheers Mo
ps if you’re registered with top cash back site, an extra 3.15% discount, but probably not when obtaining 1st registration discount.
Spares buying, Autodoc. - veloceman
I have used Autodoc for both my Fiats and Alfas.
Decent prices and delivery times. I have heard that delivery can take some time but no issues for me.
Spares buying, Autodoc. - Chris M

"if you’re registered with top cash back site, an extra 3.15% discount"

Worth noting that the cashback is, like most retailers on the site, not applied to delivery or VAT element. Still worth having though - every little helps!

Spares buying, Autodoc. - Andrew Irvine

They quite often also send me a 10% discound code via email.

Hi Guys,
All done and dusted this evening. New discs and pads fitted. As Chris M advised at top of thread, I got discs, Drivetec and Brembo pads from GSF, pads only £3.84 !!!
Thanks for all the advice.
Cheers Mo