Ford B Max 1.6 - Camshaft Fault Code P0340 - Nezza
Father in law is having issues with his 1.6 petrol B Max. It keeps faulting up with the cam shaft fault code P0340. The car starts fine, and it seems to have no effect on how it drives. The fault will also clear itself and not come back for a few days but will then re-appear randomly. I have cleared the alarms, checked the connections, wiring etc but can see no fault. Today I removed both sensors (one at the front I suspect is the cause) and swapped them over to see if the fault moves or not. However, when I removed them there was a dirty metallic mark on both sensors which wiped off easily. Could this be giving false readings? The fault code has all reset so I will have to wait and see what happens.

Does anyone have anymore suggestions before I change the sensor itself?

Any help is much appreciated.
Ford B Max 1.6 - Camshaft Fault Code P0340 - elekie&a/c doctor
It’s more likely to be a camshaft timing issue rather than the sensor itself . Depending on what engine is fitted, some have a variable valve system that has adjustment with oil control solenoids . Have you checked the engine oil level ?
Ford B Max 1.6 - Camshaft Fault Code P0340 - Nezza
The oil level was checked earlier today and was fine though it did look darker in colour than I expected for a car that has been recently serviced.