What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda - Safe to cross - sammy1

Skoda develops a car grille that can tell pedestrians when to safely cross a road (msn.com)

Having read this sounds OK in theory but I cannot see how stationary car can account for other road users such as bikes scooters and other cars. Well we are still in April I suppose!

Skoda - Safe to cross - Manatee

It won't see the light of day in that form. Too much liability risk. I've been overtaken while stopped at a zebra on at least 2 occasions.

Skoda - Safe to cross - focussed
From the link.

"When the car approaches a pedestrian crossing, it can warn those waiting to cross that it has ‘spotted’ them. The grille is then able to display green arrows that show it’s safe for them to cross"

Rule 195 UK highway code.

"do not wave, flash your lights or use your horn to invite pedestrians across; this could be dangerous if another vehicle is approaching"

Looking at the image of the Skoda grille with the green arrow ok to cross, it looks as if it is set up for driving on the right - ie pedestrian is crossing right to left as seen by the driver in front of the car, so probably not intended for the UK.
Skoda - Safe to cross - alan1302
From the link. "When the car approaches a pedestrian crossing, it can warn those waiting to cross that it has ‘spotted’ them. The grille is then able to display green arrows that show it’s safe for them to cross" Rule 195 UK highway code. "do not wave, flash your lights or use your horn to invite pedestrians across; this could be dangerous if another vehicle is approaching" Looking at the image of the Skoda grille with the green arrow ok to cross, it looks as if it is set up for driving on the right - ie pedestrian is crossing right to left as seen by the driver in front of the car, so probably not intended for the UK.

The number plate on the front of the cars is from the Czech Republic...although don't think this a real thing that they are thinking of doing - just showing a 'what if' kind of product.

Skoda - Safe to cross - sammy1

It is a concept and would need formal agreement if it were adopted. I don't think it has any chance. The grill might as well say to the pedestrian ""are you feeling lucky""!