What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - King Clueless
Hi
my knowledge of cars is limited to put it v v mildly, as my post will show.
In short, I have a 2015 2L Disco Sport HSE Luxury - pan roof, white leather, all black wheels, paddle gears, step/running boards, top spec blah blah 75k fsh. But…after two/three years happy motoring the dreaded electrics have started playing up. It’s like a light show on the dash. Still runs great, and due to go in to Jaguar to resolve. I’m toying with getting shot of it, parting with v little/no cash for an older X5, 2011-13, 85-100k on clock. Oh I need seven seater and yes I’m a sucker who likes a badge (note no knowledge of cars….)
Any advice/thoughts? would I just be jumping out of the disco sport fire and into an X5 frying pan?
Ta.
(I’d be amazed if anyone can be bothered to advise but I’d be grateful)
Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - Xileno

Not a switch I would make - frying pan and fire springs to mind.

I would wait until you've got a verdict on what's wrong with your current car. It might be something simple and cheap. I think I would hunt out an auto-electrician if the dealer fails to resolve it or quotes a silly price.

Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - Robert J.

As above. Someone reported on here recently that a weak battery can cause multiple warning lights to come on.

Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - badbusdriver

Ditto, I wouldn't want either your current car or the one you are looking at.

On paper the X5 is probably more reliable than a Disco, but that isn't saying an awful lot!.

Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - Palcouk

Not wishing to be rude, with your car choice you night as well be burning money.I undertake admin work for a BMW indi, he recently had 2 X5's under 2 years old, low mileage that BMW declined warranty claim (Both had been 'mapped') Repair costs £25k

Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - madf

Try changing the Disco battery . Failing batteries give low voltages which give funny electronics.

Personally would not touch a Disco: deservedly poor reputation.

Would not touch X5: complex and BMW poor reliability - but better than Disco - not difficult as they are most unreliable of cars.

Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - Xileno

I think this Disco will have the 2.2 engine, not the 2.0 Ingenium so that's a positive.

Land Rover Discovery Sport - Disco Sport v older X5 - Adampr

You would be much better off looking at a Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe. If you really can't bring yourself to drive something Korean (the interior won't match your Disco, but they are much better in most other ways) a Skoda Kodiaq is a good middle ground.

Thanks for this - Santa Fe looks great. Will definitely investigate further
Sadly not, it’s the 2L. Thanks to all for your responses, much appreciated, I’m acutely aware my car choice is a little dodgy, but all input hugely appreciated