What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - GdK01

Hi, looking for advice on what you think this car is worth.

2007 Ford Fiesta 1.2 petrol, 28K genuine miles, been garaged all its life in pristine condition.

Looking to buy for my sons 1st runaround

Any advice appreciated.

Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - elekie&a/c doctor
If it’s as clean and tidy with no rot underneath, as the mileage suggests, I would think between £2.5 -3 k . I would check mot history first .
Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - catsdad

Looking on Autotrader (AT) they are asking £3-£4k for Fiestas with similar parameters. Assuming they get close to their asking price that’s a reasonable guide. It seems a lot of money for a car that’s about to be 16 years old but we are in a strange market at the moment.

Newer cars with higher mileage is where I would be looking. Low miles can indicate short journeys, and more wear than a higher miles car. And a damp garage can be worse for rust than a car parked in the open air. So I wouldn’t pay a premium for a garaged low mileage car without a very thorough check especially for rust.

Also a first car tends to lead a hard life with bumps and scrapes and it’s unlikely to stay pristine for long. This is no reflection on your son but is borne out by my personal experience with youngsters’ first cars. It might be less stressful to get one that’s in more typical condition (and price) for its age

It’s worth looking on AT (and Gumtree etc) to see what’s available in your budget. You will have your own criteria but I suggest that for a first car, low mileage and pristine condition are not top of the list. Having said all that Fiestas are good starter cars and if the one you have found is a bargain, say closer to £2k, then don’t rule it out but don’t pay over the odds.

Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - madf

Rust at rear: suspension mounting points: floor and where sills meet rear wheel arch.

You MUST inspect carefully with a torch and a magnet (for filler). And round the petrol filler cap at the rear.. and all filler cap piping.

Try to get it on a ramp. And check inside lifting carpets for traces on rust inside.

Just because it has ben driven little means little. Been there done that.

Based on my experience you need to be very careful..

Worth £1000 in a normal market - but market is anything but.

Edited by madf on 29/12/2022 at 11:20

Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - Bromptonaut

Also a first car tends to lead a hard life with bumps and scrapes and it’s unlikely to stay pristine for long. This is no reflection on your son but is borne out by my personal experience with youngsters’ first cars. It might be less stressful to get one that’s in more typical condition (and price) for its age

Daughter drove my car initially. Scraped it three times but two were only on the bumper.

The third was on a narrow bridge where a tractor barged on forcing her to reverse and she caught the parapet.

Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - paul 1963

Be interested to know what the seller would take for it, maybe worth asking, if its OK underneath you could get a bargain.

Keep us informed..

Ford Fiesta 1.2 2007 - Valuation help - RT

Hi, looking for advice on what you think this car is worth.

2007 Ford Fiesta 1.2 petrol, 28K genuine miles, been garaged all its life in pristine condition.

Looking to buy for my sons 1st runaround

Any advice appreciated.

Autotrader has a valuation tool based on registration and mileage - gives private sale, dealer sale and trade-in figures.