What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car coming back on sale? - Warning

I saw a car advertised on Autotrader in April 2022. There was a Youtube video. It looked great. One owner. Same dealer service history.

It is on sale by a main dealer but not on the manufacturer's web site (so wonder if it is an approved one).

For some reason, it popped up again on Autotrader about a month ago, disappeared and then has come back again again. I asked about this, I was told the person had trouble getting finance.

The problem is that car is 250 miles away. They say it has a dent, but I could not see anything in the video, but in the recent photo. So if I buy it, I would have to wait 7 to 10 days. I got sent a new videio. I can see three white marks on the side panel (which were not present in the April video). Also, on the boot I could see a white connector, but it was not connected to anything.

I have a feeling the car was on sale at lower price too? Is there a way of getting past listings on autotrader?

They offer a transport delivery service for £200. It is going to be hard if I discover a fault later.

I like the car, but I don't know if I am buying into a problem.

I don't know if this is a rejected car.

Car coming back on sale? - Adampr

Do you have a link to the listing?

Car coming back on sale? - badbusdriver

So it looks like two separate buyers agreed to purchase the car, then backed out (very easy for the seller to say a potential buyer couldn't get credit, you can't confirm it)?, sounds more than a bit suspicious to me.

I think I'd leave it.

Car coming back on sale? - Terry W

Unless it is very special, it just adds risk to buy a car uninspected from 200+ miles away.

Personally I would find something closer without a possibly negative "history" - it may have been returned under warranty etc.

Car coming back on sale? - FoxyJukebox
Are you sure you want to be buying into suspect trouble from a distance.
What kind of car/model are you looking for? Is there something else nearer to home?
Car coming back on sale? - Warning

There are only about 16 available. The older models did nt have the Sat Nav display and then have excluded the high miles. Right now there is only just this one candidate from the main dealers.

From what I can see between their April 2022 video and the new walk around video They have done 60 additional miles.

Car coming back on sale? - badbusdriver

Is there a reason why you won't say what it is?

Car coming back on sale? - alan1302

Is there a reason why you won't say what it is?

Maybe they think you might buy it! :-)

Car coming back on sale? - galileo

There are only about 16 available. The older models did nt have the Sat Nav display and then have excluded the high miles. Right now there is only just this one candidate from the main dealers.

From what I can see between their April 2022 video and the new walk around video They have done 60 additional miles.

Built in car SatNavs have been mentioned a few times on here as problematic: not only costly to fix out of warranty but in some cases need paid-for updates.

Separate SatNavs with free lifetime updates do not have these possible downsides.

Car coming back on sale? - catsdad

Warning, am I confusing you with someone else or have you been on the lookout for a car for some considerable time? If you have been looking for a long time and found this rare example then isn’t it worth the cost of going to see it or paying for an independent report?

Failing that perhaps you need to consider giving us more specific info on what you are looking for?

Car coming back on sale? - veloceman
If you really like this one you can purchase the car without viewing and get it delivered, you should be covered by Distance Selling regulations. You generally have 14 days to return the vehicle.
However could be loads of hassle - best to buy local as it’s easier to sort issues later on.