What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - Falkirk Bairn

Due to satellite issues the Honda CRV clock stopped working on Jan 1st.

The clock takes a satellite signal & sets the time. It satellite counts the seconds from 2002 and 19 years later it ran out of digit storage.

The good news is the satellite is re-booted after 19.6 years.

Instead of showing the time it only came up 1.00 and then counted up.

Yesterday I noticed it showed 9.55 am! Unfortunately this is GMT and currently it was 10.55 BST.

Not to worry I am sure somebody will tweak it or just wait for the clocks going back in October.

Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - Ethan Edwards

Good example of something unnecessarily complicated . Who needs a satellite signal regulated clock in the car. El boggo standard quartz works just as well. Nobody practically needs to be accurate to one ten thousandth of a second. I'm all in favour of innovation but it has to make sense.

Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - alan1302

Good example of something unnecessarily complicated . Who needs a satellite signal regulated clock in the car. El boggo standard quartz works just as well. Nobody practically needs to be accurate to one ten thousandth of a second. I'm all in favour of innovation but it has to make sense.

Except the sattelite part of the story is not true:

'Honda’s head unit receives a GPS signal for date and time including a number representing a week, coded in binary. These digits count from 0-1024 and rollover to 0 after the completion of week 1024. Honda’s head unit supplier did not code their head units to account for the rollover and, on January 1, 2022, reverted to a date and time 1024 weeks in the past'

Just some bad coding when the clocks were done.

Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - Cris_on_the_gas

I have got a 2011 Honda CRV, owned the car since new and never had any issues with the clock.

About being 1 hour out there is a setting on the clock for Daylight Saving Time, on/off. Most likely yours is switched off, if you switch it on it should show the right time. Every clock change I change the DST on in spring and off in autumn.

Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - Falkirk Bairn

The EX model clock is integrated with the SatNav.

There is no obvious menu to change the time, maybe somebody with software knowledge can tweak it. Hence the 8 months of it being 1.00 journey start at anytime of the day.

Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - Cris_on_the_gas

OK I have got the SE-T which has the clock integrated with the satnav also.

Have you tried:

Press Set button on left hand side.

General tab on display

Clock - Setting - press "setting"

You then see Daylight Saving time displayed, change to on during summer and off during winter.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Unfortunately the SatNav is a different model on the EX and the SE-T.

No set button on my SatNav

Fixed after 12 months!

Failed on Jan 1st as the Satellite ran out off space in the on-board computer - switch on the car it's 01.00 every time the car is started.

Partial fix middle of August - showing GMT instead of BST

Fixed today - clocks going back 1 hour the Honda clock is now fixed!!!

Honda CRV EX 2007-12 some Accords, Acuras - Honda clock problem 1stJan 22 now fixed partially - paul 1963

Well done FB! I've just spent twenty minutes trying to remember how to alter the time on my dash cam!