What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - OceanMan

Hey there

I know there are laws about blocking your view of the road / having an unobscured windshield but I really like this placement of my phone when I'm using it as a satnav. Is it possible, from your pov, that I could face prosecution for driving with an obstructed view of the road?

Edit. aston martin cygnet dash boards are available to view, google is your friend, to compare to a toyota iq..

Have deleted the current link Photo can be uploaded in an other way

ORB

Edited by _ORB_ on 17/08/2022 at 20:33

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - Grenache

Possibly, you should have a clear view through the area of the windscreen which is swept by the wipers.

I'd suggest getting a mount that clips on to the righthand air vent in the picture so it's near enough to view but does not sit so high up. I've got it there in my car and it's easy to view.

If you mount it so the bottom of the phone is in line with the middle of the vent it's high enough so not obscured by your hand on the stering wheel.

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - elekie&a/c doctor
Aston Martin ? Looks like a Fiesta to me .
Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - badbusdriver
Aston Martin ? Looks like a Fiesta to me .

Definitely Fiesta!.

I actually saw an Aston Martin Cygnet in the flesh for the first time at a classic car show just over a week ago. Of course it is just a re-upholstered and slightly re-styled Toyota IQ.

Yeah,I just put the AM as a joke. I'm not sure if it matters what particular car it is.

Also, ORB, where else can I upload that picture?

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - _

Also, ORB, where else can I upload that picture?

Go to the TinyUrl website (tinyurl.com) and follow the instructions there.

You put in the complete url (web address) of the web page you're looking at (highlight, copy and paste). It may very well be dozens of characters long. The TinyUrl website will then convert this to a web address which is invariably much shorter and better for pasting into e-mails, posts etc. if you wish to create a link to the original pagFrom our contributoy FP in the general duscussion headers

Edited by _ORB_ on 18/08/2022 at 06:17

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - Brit_in_Germany

Aren't the urls truncated anyway? I am much more likely to click on a link if I have an idea what it is rather than a tinyurl which could be anything.

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - badbusdriver

Yeah,I just put the AM as a joke. I'm not sure if it matters what particular car it is.

If you say the question is about an Aston Martin, even a Cygnet, but the picture clearly shows something else, people might suspect spam, or maybe just some kind of wind up. In which case they may either choose to not answer when they may otherwise have done so, or reply with humour of their own rather than a serious point, observation or opinion.

Well, here's the tinyurl link!

link deleted as we don't want whatever it is that comes with it in the image

OP, If you post stuff with pages that go to ali-express as yours did, it's not acceptable. It's easy to post without all that stuff.

Many Thanks in advance.

Edited by _ORB_ on 18/08/2022 at 19:58

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - FP

Should be lower, in my view (!). I can see why it's where you've put it, but it's not ideal.

Mind you, when you see the way some police cars' windscreens are cluttered...

Edited by FP on 18/08/2022 at 19:26

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - Brit_in_Germany

Not sure exactly what the mod's problem is but when I clicked on the original link it took me to a photo of the phone in the holder on the dash. Perhaps the mod in question has not installed an ad blocker?

The original link and the second one both showed adverts for aliexpress and also pictures of bits of bulging tummys etc..

The mod in questtions has a whole bunch of adblock tools on his ;laptop.

Anyway solution for op , simply rotate your phone 90 degrees and it'll be fine.

Edited by _ORB_ on 18/08/2022 at 20:49

Okay, I confess. My entire goal is to promote AliExpress on this site. In fact all of my posts over the last 3 years about maintenance of low budget cars was a rouse. In fact I am Jack Ma. I am the billionaire owner of one of the world's most successful websites, posting on honest John, just desperate for a few more clicks. Congratulations ORB. You caught me red handed!

Aston Martin Cygnet - Is my phone mount placement okay? - alan1302

Okay, I confess. My entire goal is to promote AliExpress on this site. In fact all of my posts over the last 3 years about maintenance of low budget cars was a rouse. In fact I am Jack Ma. I am the billionaire owner of one of the world's most successful websites, posting on honest John, just desperate for a few more clicks. Congratulations ORB. You caught me red handed!

At least you are honest ;-)

I know the op is genuine and has posted about his leaks and cooling problems, but am sure the links were inadvertent. But the Aston Martin cygnet bit got a few clicks.

Edited by _ORB_ on 19/08/2022 at 09:10