What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Do i need one? - 'Crit'Air' clean air stickers ... - _

Next week driving to Aix-la Chapelle via Houyet south of Dinant, where there is a lovely lttle hotel for 3 nights of gastronomic treats, wishing to avoid the madhouse that is the Bruxelles motorway network..

Had thought of driving the "old " A25 motorway down from Dunkerque to Lille, the across to Namur then down to Houyet.

Have't done that bit since before the Zpa's were introduced, so if pollution is low, (expected) should i bother with a critair cerificate.

Returning from Aix-la-Chapelle via Bruges for 3 days and vet for the dog before sailing home from Dunkerque.

Will visit 4 of our old favourite hotels, but different sights this time.

Do i need one? - 'Crit'Air' clean air stickers ... - Brit_in_Germany

This is the map of ZFEs where, I understand, they are obligatory.

www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/zones-a-faibles-emissions-m...l

Do i need one? - 'Crit'Air' clean air stickers ... - focussed

This is the map of ZFEs where, I understand, they are obligatory.

www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/zones-a-faibles-emissions-m...l

I'm not sure that map is up to date - this map from the french government has many more cities with low - emission zones that require a vehicle to show a critair sticker.

www.service-public.fr/particuliers/actualites/A145...7

You can apply for a critair sticker for a vehicle not registered in France here:-

www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/certificat/demande/ext/...s

If you are going to wander around France you may as well apply for one, they cost less than a fiver.

From my understanding Lille has Zone where entry is forbidden to non sticker holders only when pollution is above a certain level.

I don't mind spending the money, but if i really don't need to i don't want to, and i am only driving through on the motorway.

(scottish mother)

Edited by _ORB_ on 05/08/2022 at 20:08

Do i need one? - 'Crit'Air' clean air stickers ... - focussed

From my understanding Lille has Zone where entry is forbidden to non sticker holders only when pollution is above a certain level.

I don't mind spending the money, but if i really don't need to i don't want to, and i am only driving through on the motorway.

(scottish mother)

The best reason for getting a sticker is in case you happen to blunder into one of the zones where you need one without realising it.

I would have thought that gouvr.fr would be up to date. You need to zoom in on the map.

Ordered the sticker and also done the free registration for Brussels and Antwerp... just in case.

Cheaper than the fines...

Aix-la-Chapelle appears to be what I know as Aachen. That city requires the green eco sticker.

www.environmentalbadge.com/environmental-zone-aach.../

Edit: that link is for service provider site - there are cheaper alternatives.

Edited by Brit_in_Germany on 06/08/2022 at 16:13

Aix-la-Chapelle appears to be what I know as Aachen. That city requires the green eco sticker.

www.environmentalbadge.com/environmental-zone-aach.../

Edit: that link is for service provider site - there are cheaper alternatives.

The hotel told us we can get one at the service station nearby.

The mish mash of national systems is quite crazy - I am surprised the EU Commission has not stepped in with an EU wide regulation. The green-zones app seems to be a reasonable source of information for planning journeys.

Do i need one? - 'Crit'Air' clean air stickers ... - Manatee

If you are going to wander around France you may as well apply for one, they cost less than a fiver.

Useful links, thanks, I have applied. £4.51, posted. In a few weeks we are going to Austria, via Luxembourg on the way there and a hotel just north of Reims on the way home. Every chance of skirting Strasbourg outbound and I see Mulhouse is on the pending list, I want to go to the Schlumpf collection on the way back.