What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - NIXON LAVERTY

I have recently required some parts to maintain my car in excellent condition.

These parts appear to be only available through the official Honda network.

The pricing is absolutely exhorbitant and dealership can offer no justification for the pricing.

eg Air intake hose to turbo 80.90

Power steering feed hose 335.59

How can we prevent this deliberate profiteering and try to pressurise manfacturers to price

replacement parts sensibly to ;

Maintain vehicle safety standards.

Prevent the early scrapping of vehicles requiring repair. (Green Agenda)

Do others feel this way and experienced this issue?

Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - Adampr

Honda are famously pricey for parts. I would be amazed if you can't buy pattern parts, though.

When I had a Honda I mostly bought parts from Ling's:

hondaspareparts.co.uk/

Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - Oli rag

A company called Pirtek can make up many different types of hoses and I suspect much cheaper than the Honda power steering hose price.

Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - Xileno

On a car of this age, pattern parts or reputable breakers is the route I would go.

Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - Crickleymal

Try Partsouq. You can get the part numbers from there or order the part.

Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - focussed

Honda are pricing themselves out of the market - it's obvious.

They will eventfully become a niche manufacturer of weirdly styled electric vehicles for the Asian markets.

They are doing ok in the UK motorcycle market but here in Europe they are nowhere, I cannot remember the last time I saw a locally registered Honda motorcycle on the road here.

It's all Kawasaki, BMW, a few Suzuki's a lot of big Yamaha's, some Harley's etc.

Cars- there are a few about but not in any significant number.

A very great pity that they have chosen to walk this path, their past expertise in ic motors is legendary.

Honda CRV MK2 2005-2006 - Replacement part pricing - Mike Lyons

Try Partsouq. You can get the part numbers from there or order the part.

It's also worth trying eBay, but do check the source/seller is reputable. e.g. good feedback and some history/UK Address.

My previous car (2003 Mercedes E-class) failed MoT in 2016 on rear seat-belt anchorage point. An original part from local MB dealer was @ £100.

Found the same part (NEW) on eBay being sold by a large MB dealership for £13 including post. I asked them by email why they were so much cheaper & they replied they were clearing excess spares stock as they had more than they needed for next 10 years & also wanted the space for new stock. The sellers feedback also confirmed they just sold MB parts