What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen Ami, easy to park? - badbusdriver

So, if you are not familiar with it, the new Citroen Ami is a tiny electric town runabout. When I say tiny I mean a tad over 2.4m long and a tad under 1.4m wide. One would assume such a vehicle would be easy to park, but this YT video clip suggests otherwise (sadly we don't get to see the outcome). Watch and try not to laugh!

watch

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - Ethan Edwards

Well that's proof that a doofus can drive any car. Parking that vehicle in that space looks so easy for any proper driver. You have to wonder what kind of doofus is driving it!

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 15/07/2022 at 20:35

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - TinaS

Ah, Reginald Mole- Husband's granddaughter must be living in France!

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - Oli rag

Ah, Reginald Mole- Husband's granddaughter must be living in France!

I wonder if she is also “ the safest parker in town”.

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - FP

"You have to wonder what kind of doofus is driving it!"

The text says the car can be driven "sans permis". I presume this means "without a licence" in the sense that you don't need to pass a driving test.

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - FP

Jaw-droppingly, excruciatingly awful driving.

We don't see the outcome, but it's explained in the text: "Pour info, la conductrice a finalement décidé de partir, pensant certainement que la place était pas assez large."

From this, francophones will know that it was indeed a female driver, who finally decided to drive away in the firm belief that the parking spot wasn't big enough.

Edited by FP on 15/07/2022 at 21:08

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - Xileno

It appears that these can be driven in France at age fourteen but even so...

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - daveyjp

I was at a retail park a few months ago and saw someone who I assume had passed a test somewhere at sometime spend 5 minutes reversing and when they left the car it was over three spaces.

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - Brit_in_Germany

14 without a driving licence or any form of tuition.

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - elekie&a/c doctor
Here’s something for the weekend. There will be a test on Monday. fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiture_sans_permis
Citroen Ami, easy to park? - dan86

Aren't the French notorious for bad parking, last time I was in Paris I witnessed a Clio driver force their car in to gap that just want big enough

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - Xileno

I think it's a cultural thing, to the average French person a car is just a tool for getting around in. There is less status attached to what you drive. So a few dents and scrapes seem normal.

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - _

I think it's a cultural thing, to the average French person a car is just a tool for getting around in. There is less status attached to what you drive. So a few dents and scrapes seem normal.

Drat, I thought nobody had seen youngrovergirl parking in Paris..

Citroen Ami, easy to park? - corax

Exactly. It's not bad driving, they just don't care about contact. When I was in France I saw them going backwards and forwards hitting other cars until they were parked. That was a few years ago mind, though I can't see that it's changed now.