What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - Gabe
So I finally made my choice and bought a 1.2 110 Citroen C3 Automatic! I have two questions:
1) For those that have the above car, are you happy with it?
2) Does the dash cam activate when the car is parked? For example if someone drives into the car when it is stationary and not switched on.
2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - badbusdriver

I'm a bit baffled as to why are you asking for opinions on a car you have already bought. Surely the time for that would have been before buying when you could have chosen something else if anyones opinion swayed you enough.

If you like the car (which presumably was the case seeing as you did buy it!), it makes no difference what anyone else thinks of it, so just stand by your choice!.

As to the dash cam, I'm not sure. But being built in (i.e, wired in), it will have battery back up. So, in theory, if an impact occurs while the car is parked up and switched off, footage will be saved. But, upon buying this new car, surely the sales staff and/or the handbook would be the best place to find out exactly how the system works.

Edited by badbusdriver on 29/06/2022 at 18:58

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - paul 1963

Can't answer question 1 unfortunately , question 2 depends on the camera fitted, most nextbase cameras will but you have enable the function.

Edited by paul 1963 on 29/06/2022 at 19:00

Can't answer question 1 unfortunately , question 2 depends on the camera fitted, most nextbase cameras will but you have enable the function.

When this shape C3 first appeared, one of its USP's was a built in dash cam on higher spec cars. I'm working on the assumption that this is what the OP's car has, but can find no mention of it on Citroen's website so it may no longer be the case?

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - sammy1

"""I'm a bit baffled as to why are you asking for opinions on a car you have already bought. Surely the time for that would have been before buying when you could have chosen something else if anyones opinion swayed you enough.

If you like the car (which presumably was the case seeing as you did buy it!), it makes no difference what anyone else thinks of it, so just stand by your choice!."""

I do not know why when people post on here they are not given a warmer welcome! The question as to the OPs purchase is perfectly straight forward. Having made a choice and spent your cash is is reasonable to ask others how they are doing with the same car. How many of us can honestly say they are 100% sure of anything or indeed know everything about their purchase on day one. I have had our MINI 10months now and still looking things up in the book

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - primus 1

Maybe the answers the op seeks are on the Citroen owners forums.

"""I'm a bit baffled as to why are you asking for opinions on a car you have already bought. Surely the time for that would have been before buying when you could have chosen something else if anyones opinion swayed you enough.

If you like the car (which presumably was the case seeing as you did buy it!), it makes no difference what anyone else thinks of it, so just stand by your choice!."""

I do not know why when people post on here they are not given a warmer welcome! The question as to the OPs purchase is perfectly straight forward. Having made a choice and spent your cash is is reasonable to ask others how they are doing with the same car. How many of us can honestly say they are 100% sure of anything or indeed know everything about their purchase on day one. I have had our MINI 10months now and still looking things up in the book

If the OP gets a heap of responses from folk who really don't like the C3 (either through their own experience, or just opinion), would that make them feel better or worse about a car they now own?.

I didn't say earlier and probably should have, but I do actually like the C3. It is an interesting and quirky looking car with much more focus on comfort than most of its rivals. It isn't the most spacious car in its class, but as long as it is spacious enough for the OP's needs, that doesn't matter.

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - Gabe

Thanks so much for that. You're right - I was simply asking how people like the car having lived with it. Obviously I'm happy with my purchase but there's no harm in hearing from people who've owned it a while.

Thanks so much for that. You're right - I was simply asking how people like the car having lived with it. Obviously I'm happy with my purchase but there's no harm in hearing from people who've owned it a while.

TBH, I'm not aware of anyone on the forum who owns a C3, (though I'm sure I remember someone saying they had one as a hire car on holiday, and if memory serves, they liked it!).

Forum member John F has a Peugeot 2008 with a 130bhp version of the same engine (it is an auto too) and he likes that well enough. Different car granted, but closely related under the skin.

As was mentioned by primus 1, a Citroen forum might be a better place to get multiple opinions on the car?.

But I'd certainly be interested in your opinion of the car a few months down the line, so maybe an update?

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - Cintrapark

Absolutely!

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - Wee Willie Winkie

My wife owned a 2018 C3 Flair, with a 1.2 80ish bhp engine, from Sept 2019 to April this year. Ran it from 23k to 38k. No mechanical issues with it in the short time we had it, only needed a couple of tyres in that time.

It certainly wasn't a driver's car. Very wallowy in true Citroen style. The gear change was less than precise and the infotainment was very slow. Oh, for some reason the radio would default to BBC Radio 4 everytime the car was left overnight.

Replaced with a new Mini Cooper S Electric. I don't think she misses the Citroen.

The Citroen is now for sale for £1400 more than we paid for it in 2019!

2022 Citroen C3 & Dash Cam - Bromptonaut

Oh, for some reason the radio would default to BBC Radio 4 everytime the car was left overnight.

That's almost certainly something you can change in settings.

IIRC son had same issue but with a different station in his Pug 2008.

Ah right. Well never mind - the next owner can figure it out!

It certainly wasn't a driver's car. Very wallowy in true Citroen style. The gear change was less than precise and the infotainment was very slow. Oh, for some reason the radio would default to BBC Radio 4 everytime the car was left overnight.

They are known for the manual shift not being that great, not sure if it is just Citroen or if other makes using the same platform are the same.

It had an incredibly long 'throw'. Oh, and the clutch biting point was ridiculously high, although Citroen said that was a feature.

I suppose neither of these will bother the OP, as he's bought an auto.