What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
BM-21 Grad - Chinese Tyres aren't all bad, apparently - edlithgow

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10772127/Cheap-Ch...l

Old "news" but I somehow missed it

Allegedly cheap Chinese tyres are hindering Russian field mobility, which is nice, though I suppose if you're being shot at you might welcome some "ditch finding" driver aids.

Not saying it isn't true, BUT the photographic evidence suggests some journos might have skipped the critical thinking lecture.

SURPRISE!

First picture is captioned "Ukrainian forces capture a Russian army vehicle near Kyiv with the tyres burst."

Front tyres are indeed flat, BUT the front of the vehicle has quite obviously been shot up, which might be relevant.

BM-21 Grad - Chinese Tyres aren't all bad, apparently - Engineer Andy

I suppose it depends upon whether the vehcile was shot up casuing the tyres to burst or it got shot because the tyres burst and it couldn't get out of the line of fire quickly enough or got completely stuck.

There have been 'reports' (sadly many from this theatre of of battle have turned out to be fake news on both sides) of poorly maintained tank-track type Russian fighting vehicles where they've siezed up and been easy prey for the Ukrainian armed forces.

Perhaps poor quality tyres and/or poor maintenance (including having the tyres sit in the sun and degrade or using them past their shelf life, under/over inflating them, etc) are equally to blame.

Sadly with the demise of quality journalism and uncritical propaganda being peddled as 'factual news' these days, it's unlikely we'll know for sure what the situation is, as so few reports and journos/news outlets are believable these days.

Those few that are are normally small scale and thus likely to not see a representative sample because they don't have the financial clout to do what's needed as the bigger players used to.