What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suzuki Vitara - Seats - Ffiscool
So, I’ve had Vitaras before. I now have a new one, long story, my last before this was a 2021 model. So, same car. The seats in this are killing me, back and neck. I’d measured how I had seats in last one as in how far from pedals, steering wheel height, etc.

I don’t know what to do, as when I’ve had any getting used to in the previous Vitaras, it was a bit of back ache then fine. This is doing my neck in too. I’m sure this year’s are not bucket like, I’ve tried cushions etc.

Just wondered anyone else had this sort of thing. The seat also squeaks which is annoying.
Suzuki Vitara - Seats - paul 1963

Strange, I've got a vitara ( new last September...71 plate) and I find the seats very comfortable indeed. Is yours the new 1.5 full hybrid? Not Sat in one yet although last weekend I did have the pleasure of a couple of days in the latest swift sport ( Long story but I'm friends with the dealer principle of my local dealership) and that too once I found "my postion" was very supportive as well.

The squeak will be a warranty issue, worth mentioning to your dealer.

Edit: if yours is the latest hybrid model I personally would be interested In your views, dodgy seat excluded!

Suzuki Vitara - Seats - Big John

Seats / driving position can be literally a pain in the backside. When I first got my mkII Superb I initially struggled with lower back pain and shooting pains down my right arm / neck ache. I rather panicked. It took me a while to sus it - I'm 6ft 4" tall and for the first time in my car ownership life I needed to pull the seat forward a notch. I also adjusted the steering wheel to be further away from me. Possibly it's because my current car has tooo much adjustment! Now sorted I find the driving comfort is nirvana.

It does sound as though you have something way out re adjustment - try a couple of major changes to see what happens. I'm not sure if the seat base angle is adjustable on your seats but this can make a big difference - I once fitted spacers under the rear seat mount bolts of a previous car to make it more comfortable.

Suzuki Vitara - Seats - elekie&a/c doctor
My wife runs an 18 plate Vitara , while I don’t think the seats are uncomfortable, I find them tricky to find the right position. It has an up and down lever for height , but the backrest has a non infinitely adjustable system . It’s only adjustment is in steps . Bit of juggling to get it right , made worse by the fact that the adjustment levers are right down low, by the door sill . Usually have to adjust the seat with the door slightly open . Not ideal.
Suzuki Vitara - Seats - bathtub tom

Perhaps not pertinant to this discussion, but one of my early cars was an A35 4door. I couldn't get my size 13's in the back doors. I adjusted the seat runners to fit my six foot frame into the driver's seat. Folk often stated it looked like I was driving it from the back. I have to admit, I often looked through the rear side windows at junctions.

I often looked through the rear side windows at junctions.

That's how I drive most medium / small 4/5 door cars - and most aren't available in 2/3 door versions post WLTP

Suzuki Vitara - Seats - Andrew-T

The problem is that seats come in one design (with adjustments of varying ability) while drivers come in all shapes, sizes and proportions. Every new model has redesigned trendy seats, while earlier models whose seats were admired are ignored. I have driven about a dozen versions of Pug 205, all with comfortable seats for long journeys, but I couldn't live with the seats in a 206. Seats in the Mk.1 Fiat Punto were said to be approved by an osteopath.

The only way to prevent this difficulty is to test-drive for at least half an hour before changing to a new car - maybe hire one for a day ?

Seats in the Mk.1 Fiat Punto were said to be approved by an osteopath.

As it happens I really loved the seats in Mrs BJ's 1999 Fiat Punto 1.2 16v HLX. The engine was great, stereo with subwoofer was fab but the general design / rest of the car wasn't good, Rusted underneath horrendously, gearbox crunched, headlights were truly dreadful, ride disturbed fillings ...

Best seats I've ever had - Saab 9000cs, my favourite car.

Edited by Big John on 06/06/2022 at 00:39