What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - Jay_jay

Basically just really need help with insurance the price is killing wondering if people know ways/tricks to get it cheaper any help is much appreciated

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - Bromptonaut

Assume the vehicle is a Zafira. A few other questions that might narrow things down.

• What is your age
  • How long have you held a license
  • What is your occupation
  • Are you in a City or more rural location
  • Any history of accidents or convictions

Yeah it's a zafira 06 plate

20 and since last year and liverpool which isn't helping I don't think

Yeah it's a zafira 06 plate

20 and since last year and liverpool which isn't helping I don't think

Are you OK with a telematics 'black box' in the car?

Yeah honestly at this point I'll take anything tbh

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - nick62

I've lived in Liverpool over 20 years. When I first moved, my car insurance was cheaper than the previous house in "leafy" East Cheshire. Moved again to a more expensive property, but in a "less desirable" Liverpool postcode and the price has been eye watering since!

Edited by nick62 on 23/03/2022 at 19:47

I'm also in Liverpool born and raised here some parts of Liverpool must have the worst rate for insurance its harsh to say the least

I'm also in Liverpool born and raised here some parts of Liverpool must have the worst rate for insurance its harsh to say the least

My son is in Liverpool; met a local girl at Uni and stayed.

He started out with his first car, Peugeot 107, insured with Direct line using a telematics box. Moved over to Admiral, still with the box. Now drives a 2008, not sure whether that has a telematics box or not.

Currently on Aigburth Road where, weirdly, his insurance is cheaper than it was in leafy West Derby by Croxteth Park.

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - bathtub tom

The premium can sometimes be reduced if you have an additional, mature driver.

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - SLO76

The premium can sometimes be reduced if you have an additional, mature driver.

Agree. Add a parent to your policy to see if it helps. It probably won’t reduce it if you add them during a live policy but it may do so at the start when you’re looking for quotes. With a low value car like this it may be worth increasing your voluntary excess, but remember you’ll be stung if you actually hit anything. If you do a limited mileage mention this also. Certain jobs reduce your premium also, when I became a bus driver my insurance costs dropped noticeably, not that I’m suggesting telling fibs about what you do. I currently pay £189 a year on my old Toyota Avensis but I’m fortunate that I live in a very low premium area.

Edited by SLO76 on 24/03/2022 at 12:17

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - Cris_on_the_gas

Only way I have found is to spend a lot of time comparing different sites. A mixture of comparison sites and directly with Insurers. Direct Line & NFU do not appear on comparison sites, sure there are a few others. No easy way just a slog around.

Martin Lewis (MSE) suggests getting renewal quotes as close to 30 days before renewal as possible. Prices are bumped up near to the date the insurance is needed.

This year Insurance companies re not supposed to charge existing customers more that new ones. How this works in practice will be interesting.

I have found IAM Surety to be very good. although you have to be an IAM member to get a quote. They do say they will beat any like for like quote, but my experience of this is not the case.

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - galileo

I have found IAM Surety to be very good. although you have to be an IAM member to get a quote. They do say they will beat any like for like quote, but my experience of this is not the case.

When I joined IAM they offered to quote me for car insurance. LV = wanted a premium of £350, IAM quoted £720, from Cornmarket, I think.

I rang and questioned the premium but got no reduced offer.

Edited by galileo on 24/03/2022 at 16:47

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - Gibbo_Wirral

I've lived in Liverpool over 20 years. When I first moved, my car insurance was cheaper than the previous house in "leafy" East Cheshire.

Mine too. Far cheaper now with a "L" postcode than the "PR" one of Southport. Price almost halved.

It's weird how just a certain postcode can make such difference in the price of it silly really especially when your the only one in family with a car. Its hard trying to find little ways to bring it down

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - nick62

Currently on Aigburth Road where, weirdly, his insurance is cheaper than it was in leafy West Derby by Croxteth Park.

I went from an SK11 code to L18 initially when it dropped by a noticeable amount. Moved to L19 about 15 years ago and have been subsidising the market ever since, (L19 does have some very deprived areas, which I'm convinced is the reason for the high premiums). From what you say about Aigburth Road, I would guess L17, so I'm probably 500 yards too far south to benefit?

Edited by nick62 on 24/03/2022 at 17:28

From what you say about Aigburth Road, I would guess L17, so I'm probably 500 yards too far south to benefit?

He is L17 but by Lark Lane/St Michaels. Much further south and you're in Otterspool Park.

The West Derby address (his g/f's parents) probably suffers from proximity to Norris Green and the location where Rhys Jones was shot.

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - Wee Willie Winkie

Rhys Jones was actually shot in a fairly respectable area. The proximity to deepest darkest 'Noggy' and 'Crocky' are probably more to blame than near to Croxteth Park.

My insurance, in a semi rural part of L23, is cheaper than it was in a PR postcode.

Zafira - Any help with insurance needed - daveyK_UK
Hi,
Mentioned this thread to a friend who stated his son at uni in Liverpool changed his policy to 3rd party fire and theft and it went down dramatically

He was in a student house in Kensington area near the city centre, not sure on the post code.

He thinks it is vandalism which is the main cause for claims, if you go 3rd party this risk to the insurance company is removed.