What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi A4 B6 Tdi - The half million mile Audi - Steveieb

Well looks as if my A4 B6 will see me out according to this clip.

And a tribute to regular servicing !

Original exhaust and the head has never been off.

tinyurl.com/2fufr44r

[Amended link]

Edited by Xileno on 10/02/2022 at 12:05

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - The half million mile Audi - Xileno

Yes, the owner or owners certainly maintained it. I quite like these Audis, solid old things.

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - The half million mile Audi - Big John

My neighbour has a 2002 A4 Avant 1.9pd with just under 400k on the clock. It's been incredibly reliable but a rattling DMF is threatening its future due to it's perceived value.

He had an issue a couple of years ago with an alarm sounder that I helped him sort out. I was amazed how well built it was. Despite having similar oily bits it seemed a step up from my previous mkI Superb.

Edited by Big John on 10/02/2022 at 23:02

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - The half million mile Audi - John F

I didn't find the mechanic's quip 'maybe we should just clock it back to 100,000 and sell it for a grand' particularly funny. An indication of institutional dishonesty perhaps?

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - The half million mile Audi - Steveieb

Imagine how much the servicing bills have mounted up over the years , but maybe the car only received an oil change every six months and major parts like brakes were left until absolutely necessary.

The point of the video was that the car stood up to the miles whilst used in the UK with our congested roads and awful climate whereas the famous Volvo P1800 driven to 3 million miles in the states may have received exceptional care by the owner and used on long unstressed journeys ?

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - The half million mile Audi - Alby Back
I sold a Mondeo TDCi estate at the end of 2010. At that point it had just shy of 200,000 miles on it. It still shows up as having a recent MOT and has just over 400,000 on it now.