What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - Whichcar

Hello all,

I think my new Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover, its brand new, first owner I am.

If this is true, I presume I do not need to add breakdown cover with my insurance is this right?

Thanks all

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - Big John

www.dacia.co.uk/warranty-and-assistance/assistance...l

Note:- "

Non-Warranty Incidents

While Dacia Assistance aims to provide you with peace of mind motoring, it only provides assistance for manufacturer based or mechanical faults on the Vehicle. It does not provide assistance for certain non-warranty incidents such as (but not limited to):

The use of incorrect fuel or lack of fuel

Wheel changes, punctured tyres, damage to wheels or tyres

Keys locked inside the vehicle, lost or stolen

Road traffic accidents • Incidents involving trailers and caravans

Dacia Assistance may, at its absolute discretion arrange assistance if requested, but the responsibility of paying for assistance remains with you or the nominated driver. If you call for assistance in these instances, you will be responsible for paying a charge at the time of service request

"

Edited by Big John on 31/01/2022 at 22:29

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - Steveieb

That’s interesting.

I imagine the same applies to the Renault Assistance as regards exclusions.

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - Whichcar

Whats the point of having breakdown cover if it does not include all potential issues? Espeically an accident that would leave you high and dry. Obviusly have to add it to my isurance.

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - badbusdriver

Whats the point of having breakdown cover if it does not include all potential issues? Espeically an accident that would leave you high and dry. Obviusly have to add it to my isurance.

Think of it as a part of your warranty rather than break down cover. If your 'break down' is because of something Dacia is responsible for, they will deal with it, but if it is because you put the wrong fuel in or lock the keys in the car, it's up to you.

'Proper' breakdown cover for a new car like that is not going to cost very much anyway.

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - alan1302

Espeically an accident that would leave you high and dry. Obviusly have to add it to my isurance.

Would your insurance not deal with that?

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - Ian_SW

I'd not be concerned about accident recovery. It's a fairly unlikely occurrence, and any accident needing recovery is going to be an insurance claim so they cover cost of recovery, even if they don't directly arrange it.

The big issue for me would be them not covering punctures. The pot of goo with most cars wouldn't have been suitable for the last two punctures I've had, and even with recovery is a right hassle if it happens at night or on a Sunday when no tyre shops are open. If the car has a spare wheel, and you're confident and strong enough to change a wheel less of an issue, but even then there is the potential to have a puncture in an area where you'd not want to change the wheel.

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - KB.

I didn't know that Dacia breakdown cover excluded punctures. Possibly because I haven't got a Dacia that qualifies for it. But it's something you need to know if you have.

It seems that Renault also excluded it from 2018 0r 2019 (depending which document you read).

I agree that recovery after an accident is something you'd expect the car's insurance to cover - but the puncture thing does strike me as significant. Especially if the driver isn't able to change a wheel or has a puncture on a motorway or fast A road in the pouring rain and pitch black - or the car has no spare and you don't trust the gunk .

It's a further reminder that you have to do your homework before committing to new endeavour - I'm reasonably sure the Dacia salesperson isn't gonna tell you about it during a sales pitch..

There may be other manufacturers that do the same - if and when the occasion arises I'll make a point of checking. In the meantime I'll continue to pay Auto Aid, who do specifically say in their documentation that they cover punctures.

Edited by KB. on 01/02/2022 at 15:13

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - bazza

Who actually recovers a vehicle after a collision or damage and not driveable? The only experience we have of this is after a major accident where the road was blocked, the police recovered what was left of the car( Octavia) to the scrapyard. What experiences do members have?

Dacia Sandero - Dacia comes with 3 year free breakdown cover? - RT

Who actually recovers a vehicle after a collision or damage and not driveable? The only experience we have of this is after a major accident where the road was blocked, the police recovered what was left of the car( Octavia) to the scrapyard. What experiences do members have?

On two occasions, I've had accidents while away from home on a touring caravan holiday - on both occasions I used my conventional recovery cover from Green Flag (via Caravan Club Mayday) to recover the car and then get the caravan from the site and take both home - from there I used the car insurance to recover the vehicles to a repairer.