What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - Steveieb

The new bZ4X has been launched after Toyota previously refused to join the bandwagon. They saw the future with hydrogen cars replacing their hybrid range .

But even though hydrogen works and is greener, there has been little appetite to roll out the hydrogen filling stations.

Rumours are that James May has parted with his Mirai. If true this could be the reason .

Toyota rarely put a foot wrong and I hope their commitment to hydrogen will be followed by other manufacturers who may have been driven by COP 21 demands.

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - Xileno

Makes sense to cover all the options, they need to have a good model range of EV until or if hydrogen is more popular.

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - alan1302

Makes sense to cover all the options, they need to have a good model range of EV until or if hydrogen is more popular.

Yes, no reason to have to do one over the other.

Also Hydrogen is well behind the tech curve and not ready for the mainstream as much as battery EV's.

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - sammy1

""Rumours are that James May has parted with his Mirai. If true this could be the reason .""

Cannot imagine that the car was his, probably belongs to Toyota?

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - Bolt

""Rumours are that James May has parted with his Mirai. If true this could be the reason .""

It was his afaia, but due to no close charging he bought a RR which was more comfortable and English

I did read Toyota had been working on the Bz for some time so its not new

Edited by Bolt on 26/01/2022 at 10:34

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - thunderbird

It was his afaia, but due to no close charging he bought a RR which was more comfortable and English

You don't charge a Miria its a Hydrogen car.

Just checked and the are 11 filling stations in the UK, no wonder he sold it, totally useless.

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - badbusdriver

I did read Toyota had been working on the Bz for some time so its not new

It is the same as a Lexus UX300e under the skin, and I believe that went on sale around March or April last year.

I know its a Hydrogen car -thats what I call it, the tank is charged with liquid gas no correction needed thanks

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - misar

I know its a Hydrogen car -thats what I call it, the tank is charged with liquid gas no correction needed thanks

Really? Looks like a double whammy to me.

Anyway, must remember tomorrow to charge my Mazda's tank with 30L of liquid Unleaded at my usual BP charging station.

Edited by misar on 26/01/2022 at 21:53

Really? Looks like a double whammy to me.

Anyway, must remember tomorrow to charge my Mazda's tank with 30L of liquid Unleaded at my usual BP charging station.

All good fun eh, I honestly forgot what it was called at time of typing so called it charging, I must be getting old and apologise for getting it wrong wrist slapped ok...lol

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - alan1302

Like how you charge up lighters with gas?

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - Heidfirst

He replaced his first generation Mirai last summer with ... a second generation Mirai. So lack of hydrogen charging can't have been too much of an issue for the previous years.

Toyota eventually decide to join the EV revolution - Zippy123

I guess at a very basic level, the main difference between a hydrogen and electric vehicle will be how the electricity is delivered to the motors. Take out the hydrogen tank and fuel cell and replace them with batteries. Job done.

I guess at a very basic level, the main difference between a hydrogen and electric vehicle will be how the electricity is delivered to the motors. Take out the hydrogen tank and fuel cell and replace them with batteries. Job done.

There was talk of a company using the rear wall of the HGV cab to store batteries for the long haul motors in case the Hydrogen was not available on its journey, so it can carry on without stopping, would certainly save man hours if it was Autonomous as well