What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 2012 - Retro-fit Parking sensors advice please - leaseman

Following a good friends' unfortunate incident involving a car park bollard, I'd be obliged if any members of the Forum could either:

Recommend a good Auto Electrician in or near Bingley, West Yorkshire, who will supply and fit Parking Sensors to a 9 year old Fiesta 1.0 Zetec, or...

Recommend the best system for such a fitting.

Many thanks in anticipation......

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Retro-fit Parking sensors advice please - elekie&a/c doctor
Can’t help with any one in your area to fit , but I’ve found the best kit is made by Steelmate . Always fitted this make to my own vehicles and not had any trouble.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 01/11/2021 at 08:11

Many thanks doc. Your input over the many years that I have been a member here has, invariably, been sound. Thanks again.

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Retro-fit Parking sensors advice please - Brit_in_Germany

Have you thought about fitting a rearview camera rather than sensors? It might be an easier fix.

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Retro-fit Parking sensors advice please - focussed

Have you thought about fitting a rearview camera rather than sensors? It might be an easier fix.

I've got both as standard on my Accord Tourer and the parking sensors are more useful than the rear camera for close parking to posts, bollards etc. Another safety point is that the audible signal doesn't require you to concentrate on the screen when reversing and it's busy, you just listen.

I've installed a cheap rear camera kit on our truck as the rear vision with a rear canopy through 3 thicknesses of glass isn't good.

Edited by focussed on 01/11/2021 at 21:03

Fitting a rear view camera is more involved than sensors. Also don’t forget you’re going to need a video monitor , suitably positioned.

Many thanks for all input, but I must agree with The doc. and Focussed, having both camera and sensors on my own car. I invariably reverse park, wherever possible and mirrors, combined with sensors are the most useful aids. I understand that the car is booked in to an Auto Electrician in Shipley for front and rear sensors to be fitted at a price of approximately £320 inc. VAT, which seems about right.

Not a bad price . Did they specify what make sensors are being fitted ? Personally , I think front sensors on a Fiesta are a waste of time , but each to their own .
Ford Fiesta 2012 - Retro-fit Parking sensors advice please - focussed
Fitting a rear view camera is more involved than sensors. Also don’t forget you’re going to need a video monitor , suitably positioned.

The one I fitted has a single cable to the camera and the screen clips over the inside mirror, as the rear vision is so bad it's switched to be on permanently.

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Retro-fit Parking sensors advice please - Falkirk Bairn

My CRV has camera and parking sensors fitted as standard.

I remember picking up the car and saying to my wife "paid for these and who needs them?"

I am still a mirror man for parking, reverse into spaces 99% of the time, always reverse into drive etc etc.

A daughter-in-law's car needed to be taken to the garage. My son was unable to drive as his arm was in a sling. Small car, no beepers/camera ......... I was really worked up trying to reverse the small car into a large space, with only the mirrors, in the garage forecourt -

I managed for 53 out of the last 58 years of having a licence and I am now wary of reversing without the technology..