What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - _

The Kia has been issued with a recall for some potential electrical gremlin, so 20 minutes at the dealer tomorrow..

Otherwise, nearly 19 months on, about 13,000 troble free motoring miles.

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - daveyjp

Both my Subaru recalls have been for electrical. One was safety related and needed an urgent ECU upgrade.

The other wasn't as urgent, but Subaru found that on very eare occasions the brake pedal switch may be affected by silicon spray used by valeters! Switch was redesigned and affected vehicles recalled.

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - glidermania

The Kia has been issued with a recall for some potential electrical gremlin, so 20 minutes at the dealer tomorrow..

I dont think having just 1 recall in 13,000 miles is anything to shout about. I used to think Kia was a good brand but Im hearing lots of people having issues with the GDi engines having clogged valves and inlets even using premium petrol.

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - Lee Power

I dont think having just 1 recall in 13,000 miles is anything to shout about. I used to think Kia was a good brand but Im hearing lots of people having issues with the GDi engines having clogged valves and inlets even using premium petrol.

All petrol direct injection engines suffer from carbon build up on the backs of the inlet valves, you cant really single Kia out for that.

Premium petrol wont help either due to the direct injection spraying directly in to the combustion chamber.

FWIW: Toyota now fit both direct injection & port injection on there newer engine designs to solve the carbon build up issue.

Toyota have also redesigned the cylinder head & moved the direct fuel injector so it fires over the back of the inlet valve when its open - typical Toyota belt & braces approach.

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - Ethan Edwards

Hi ORB. Pretty decent. My Vitara has done 29k miles in three years also with zero issues. Mind you our 2020 Ignis had a recall and that had done 1300miles at the time. Turned out it was purely precautionary and nothing was needed. Well as it happens I think it's this week. We've chopped in both of them and should be picking up a Mokka EV...no more petrol buying ! Cheers H

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - _

Hi ORB. Pretty decent. My Vitara has done 29k miles in three years also with zero issues. Mind you our 2020 Ignis had a recall and that had done 1300miles at the time. Turned out it was purely precautionary and nothing was needed. Well as it happens I think it's this week. We've chopped in both of them and should be picking up a Mokka EV...no more petrol buying ! Cheers H

Yes, It is precautionary, check an electrical circuit and replace 2 fuses. about 30 minutes.

Have been offered £1 less than I paid to PX it..

Go figure ..

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - expat
Have been offered £1 less than I paid to PX it..

Go figure ..

Sounds great until you work out how much it would cost to replace it. The change over figure is what really matters. Of course that is assuming that new vehicles are available with a reasonable delivery date. Not a given these days.

Kia Sportage - Shock horror.. a recall - Engineer Andy

Only one recall thus far, so not too bad. I just received a letter from Mazda indicating my 2005 build Mazda3 has its first recall (other variants hav had some because they have engines and other spec mine doesn't) - the big M on the centre of the steering wheel may shatter if the airbag deploys, so I'll be booking it in soon for presumably a replacement.

15 years old and change and one. Not so bad. With modern cars with all the electrical gizmos, only one is actually very good.