What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - Halmerend
My car is three years old in a week’s time. Do you think that the warranty expiration in 7 days time will have a significant impact on the offer they’ve made for my car?
Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - SLO76
My car is three years old in a week’s time. Do you think that the warranty expiration in 7 days time will have a significant impact on the offer they’ve made for my car?

It won’t have been factored in at all. Any dealer selling it on would have to pay for a warranty anyway as 7 days is hardly going to appeal to any potential buyer.
Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - catsdad

I got a WBAC valuation in my 2018 Golf just before it’s third birthday. It was £12.4K. Now, six weeks later, it’s £14k. I paid £14.8k for it nearly 2 years ago. Madness.

Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - Grease_monkey

I brought my Auto Suzuki Swift brand new in 2019 for £14500 as Suzuki were doing a VAT event. I've Part exchanged it on Saturday for £14040 for a Corolla Hybrid. Depreciated £460 in under 2 years.......crazy times

I just assumed that selling it with warranty, albeit only a week, would mitigate their risk as they could check the car and claim against the warranty if there was anything amiss.
Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - Ian D
No, by the time they have transported to a BCA site or wherever it is going the 7 day warranty will have run out so makes no difference to the value
Thanks
Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - dervdave

Sure the offer only lasts 4 days

Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - Will deBeast

Try Cazoo - they gave me even more that WBAC - and were less focussed on condition.

Just done that and Cazoo are £1,000 higher on paper thanks.
Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - catsdad

I just tried Cazoo. In my Golf’s case it’s £625 more than WBAC. So within a couple of hundred of what I paid for it nearly two years ago. With 15000 more miles and of course now out of warranty.
PS the HJ pricing tool gives a trade in £4K less than the Cazoo price. Presumably it’s no longer kept updated.

Edited by catsdad on 21/09/2021 at 13:54

Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - _

Tried wbac, £16620 for a Sportage 1, with 14150 miles, but the dealer sweeten the deal when I went back to collect the coat I had forgotten in the office.,

and they are pleasant people to deal with, so went direct. Got the 2 years servicing thrown in plus a full size ssteel spare wheel and tool kit.

Audi Q5 - Webuyanycar - Wee Willie Winkie

Cazoo value my wife's 2018 Citroen C3 at £30 more than she paid for it 2 years ago, with around 9000 additional miles. Hmm.