What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - BPL

I complained about the mpg at the last service. They said there was a software update. Mpg went from 27mpg to over 40mpg. I hope this may help any owners suffering from this issue.

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - badbusdriver

An economy improvement of more than 50% as a result of a software update?. Sorry, but I find that very difficult to accept!.

Which particular model are we talking about?

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - Engineer Andy

I complained about the mpg at the last service. They said there was a software update. Mpg went from 27mpg to over 40mpg. I hope this may help any owners suffering from this issue.

You sure it's not just an update to the trip computer, which may just have been incorrectly calculating the mpg?

An engine remap of sorts from a software update might give a few percentage points increase in mpg (say 2-3 tops, but probably less [they tend to do such things to reduce emissions]) at best but nearly a 100% increase? I seriously doubt that. The auto version of that car is well-known for its poor mpg, the manual average at best.

Try using the 'brim-to-brim' method to calulate actual mpg over several fill-ups to see what the figure really is.

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - Falkirk Bairn

Software update ? I do not think so.

More likely they fixed the binding brake pads / released the handbrake fully.

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - _

It's been a while, but 30 ish locally and 40ish plus on my 1.4 manual petrol venga was about par.

If the OP had a diesel, possibly there was something else wrong...

Is this the car from Hull you were asking about? in a previous thread

Edited by _ORB_ on 09/08/2021 at 18:59

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like they have changed the trip computer settings from US gallons to imperial gallons .
Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - Brit_in_Germany
Looks like they have changed the trip computer settings from US gallons to imperial gallons .

I think that would take the mpg to just under 34.

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - Engineer Andy

D'Oh! Most cars (my Mazda3 included) have a way of changing which region's settings you can use for the trip computer's fuel usage meter. Bad form if they had set it to that before. A quick brim-to-brim calc would be able to determine what is the correct figure, within reason.

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - Smileyman

Have you undertaken a brim to brim MPG calculation? Preferably before and after the software change, how do the figures compare?

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - BPL
Yes I'll do a brim to brim in light of the to computer comments! Car is a 1.6 petrol auto

Edited by BPL on 12/08/2021 at 10:10

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - _
Yes I'll do a brim to brim in light of the to computer comments!

Car is a 1.6 petrol auto

27MPG urban for the 1.6 auto is about average.

Kia Venga 2019 - Poor MPG advice for owners - badbusdriver
Yes I'll do a brim to brim in light of the to computer comments!

Car is a 1.6 petrol auto

27MPG urban for the 1.6 auto is about average.

On the other hand, while 40mpg is theoretically possible on a Venga auto (bearing in mind, a 2019 car will have the 6 speed auto as opposed to the 4 speed auto on earlier cars), it isn't very likely, at least not as an average figure!.