What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - JohnX

Just had a call from a friend who mentions that it is next to impossible to get any mid sized to larger electric car ie in ready stock at showrooms?

I have heard of shortages with Tesla, but not with other brands.
If this is true, any idea why,or any cars that are available in stock?

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - Big John

Not just electric cars - even new ICE cars are in short supply. Chip shortage causing big problems.

Edited by Big John on 04/08/2021 at 23:28

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - daveyjp

A neighbour of my parents went to order a Merc hybrid and was told current estimated delivery is March 2022. He didn't order.

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - madf

BMW are selling runout I3 electric cars at 20% discount to list

Edited by madf on 05/08/2021 at 11:06

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - Archie35

BMW are selling runout I3 electric cars at 20% discount to list

Interesting. I can't find anything about this online - would I need to call a dealer to get details?

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - madf

tinyurl.com/58hbh7fr

Edited by madf on 05/08/2021 at 15:36

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - John F

tinyurl.com/58hbh7fr

Interesting. Thank goodness we bought, two years ago, for a mere £17,000, a brand new, automatic, same size as this BMW, Peugeot 2008. As for the free first year road tax included in the price (as ours was), I thought EVs didn't pay any anyway.

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - cockle {P}

I've just been in discussion this morning with my dealer.

I ordered a new Focus, ICE, in May and was given a proposed build date of August as it was a special build and there were issues with chipsets. Just been told today that build date has now slipped back into November; it's now looking like it will be a Xmas present!

Dealer did say that she had just ordered a Kuga for her daughter a couple of weeks ago and has been quoted a build date of January with projected delivery into dealer of February! It was mentioned that she believed that there are large numbers of orders on delay...

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - mcb100
Latest SMMT figures show the worst July since 1998, the stated causes being quoted as the ‘pingdemic’ causing shortages in supply and demand, and continuing issues with supply chain.
www.smmt.co.uk/2021/08/new-car-market-slows-as-sho.../
Polestar are quoting October for a factory order, possibly better than most as they come from China, a major manufacturer of semiconductors.

Edited by mcb100 on 05/08/2021 at 15:49

All models - Are electric cars in short supply? - Ethan Edwards

In answer to your question, yes. Yes they are. I've ordered a Mokka.