What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai. Kia - Evans Halshaw Hull - wantstolearn

Looking for ix20 and venga in Hull area. Obviously EH quite likely to have something. Anyone used them in recent past ? I know a lot depend on branch. Would appreciate any comments, good or bad.

Hyundai. Kia - Evans Halshaw Hull - Big John

Used EH Beverley when buying a 2016 Skoda Octavia for my son back in November 2019.

Actually all went well except for a couple of minor issues - not show stoppers:-

• EH hit you with an admin fee - not much but annoying - this wasn't shown on the original advert.
  • Also I always HPI cars myself and it showed as on finance and when I investigated further it was finance taken out on held stock by EH - made sure I had a clear HPI as part of the sale.

At the end of the day he ended up with a good car.

EH Beverley was permanently closed at the start of the pandemic.

Edited by Big John on 24/07/2021 at 10:56

Thanks. That's helpful.

Sent a query to another branch but not bothered to reply !

Hyundai. Kia - Evans Halshaw Hull - Falkirk Bairn

Pendragon own EH, Stratstone, Carstore and a parts distribution company

T/O in a normal year roughly £4Bn, the company share price is 16p valuing the company at say £240m

Profits have been thin on the ground for years - Covid will not have helped. - in 2021 they might make £20m - peanuts compared to their turnover. The total value of the company is considerably less than they paid over the years buying up other small chains & privately owned garages.

There is very little in the way of assets - property nearly all rented, 2nd handstock is on finance, new stock - the car is often owned by the manufacturer until it is sold (they pay off the finance when the car is sold), very little cash in the coffers

Lookers are in much the same boat - huge turnover and very little to show for it - weak profits.

Thanks. Probably affecting ethos.

Hyundai. Kia - Evans Halshaw Hull - BPL

Looking for ix20 and venga in Hull area. Obviously EH quite likely to have something. Anyone used them in recent past ? I know a lot depend on branch. Would appreciate any comments, good or bad.

If you buy a Venga then get the software dealer updated. This took ours (2019) from 27mpg to over 40mpg after I complained. It's only done 4000 miles...