What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Autotrader - minimum and maximum years - Trilogy.

I don't understand why Autotrader has minimum year and maximum year selections the wrong way round. Or is it me?

Autotrader - minimum and maximum years - badbusdriver

Not just you, it has taken me some time to remember which way round they have it!.

Yes BBD, it's a pain up the.........! Would love to meet who devised it! Quite clearly someone without common sense.

Autotrader - minimum and maximum years - Terry W

Seems very straightforward to me. Most people search for cars newer than, not older than.

The first box is the minimum year - I want it to be newer than XX. If I am searching my default is almost always max price and minimum year.

Occassionally minimum price if I want to search for a (say) 3 year old Ford Focus and don't want pages filled with 12 year old models for £1200 and upwards.

Autotrader - minimum and maximum years - sammy1

Lots of things I find illogical about computers and websites however this is not one of them!

Autotrader - minimum and maximum years - badbusdriver

Seems very straightforward to me. Most people search for cars newer than, not older than.

The first box is the minimum year - I want it to be newer than XX. If I am searching my default is almost always max price and minimum year.

Choosing the year, surely would be in reference to the age of the car. In which case minimum year, to me, equals the youngest you want the car to be, not the oldest (as it is with Autotrader).

I guess, at worst, this would qualify as a 'first world problem though'!

Autotrader - minimum and maximum years - John F

Lots of things I find illogical about computers

Nothing illogical about a computer. But the programmer is usually human......

I've noticed no difficulty with Autocar's 'min' & 'max' interpretation.

Yes, Autocar's makes sense.