What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Bought used car didnt received V5 - JacoobCK

Hi I bought used VW Golf in April from car dealer not private seller and still haven't received V5C document. So I filled out and sended V62 form and I added New Keeper green slip. But problem is I forgotten to actually fill out green slip. So new keeper details were blank. Of course I put all details in V62 form but is there gonna be problem because green slip was blank? If yes what should I do now? I sended V62 almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't received anything. I took a photo of green slip and still have purchase agreement from dealer.

Bought used car didnt received V5 - _

If you have the green slip.try to register the change odf details online

www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/new-and-used-vehic...s

You need to tax a used vehicle before you can use it on the road.

The way a used vehicle is registered to you depends on whether it has a V5C registration certificate (log book).

Vehicle has a registration certificate (V5C)

The seller can register the vehicle to you online or by post.

The seller must follow a different process if you’re buying a vehicle to take abroad including the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), Isle of Man or Ireland. They must give you the full log book (V5C) and not send it to DVLA.

Register online

The seller will need to:

DVLA will update the vehicle record immediately and they will aim to send out a new V5C to you within 3 to 5 days.

Register by post

If you cannot register the vehicle online, you can register it by post. The seller will need to:

• complete section 2 if they have a new style log book (with multi-coloured numbered blocks on the front cover) or section 6 if they have the older style log book
  • sign the declaration in section 8 if they have the older style log book (you must sign the declaration too)
  • fill in the new keeper slip and give it to you
  • send the V5C to DVLA

DVLA aims to send out a new V5C to you as soon as possible, usually 4 weeks after getting the old V5C from the seller. This may take longer because of coronavirus.

If you do not get it within 4 weeks:

• complete form V62 - ‘Application for a vehicle registration certificate’
  • send it to DVLA with the new keeper slip given to you by the seller - if you do not send in the new keeper slip, you’ll have to pay a fee

Download form V62 or get it from any Post Office branch.

Contact DVLA if you do not receive anything 6 weeks after sending in form V62.

Vehicle does not have a registration certificate

DVLA advises that you should not buy a vehicle that does not have a registration certificate (V5C).

Register the vehicle in your name by using form V62 ‘Application for a vehicle registration certificate’. You’ll have to pay a fee. See the section above for how to get form V62.

Contact DVLA if you do not receive anything 6 weeks after sending in form V62.

Checking your new registration certificate

When you receive your registration certificate, it’s your responsibility to check all the details are correct. If anything is incorrect, make the changes on the certificate and send it back to DVLA.

DVLA
Swansea