What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota Yaris - Toyota buy on line experience [name of dealer deleted] - PSam

Well decided to use the Toyota buy on line purchase for a new Toyota Yaris .

An absolute nightmare !

Purchase date 15/4/21 was the start of this process.

At the first phone call to dealer, rep stated he did not know how to use the app to appraise the vehicle, so would have to wait for toyota to keep him up yo date.

Things detiorated again when i visited the dealership in deleted and dealt with the salesman who was to appraise the vehicle.

Everything was A1, with my part ex , The rep did say to remove the 3 dog hairs from the passenger seat tho.

Moaned and groaned that he did not agree with this process and why he was carrying it out

Also after enquiring on the deal i had, to reject the vehicle and go to another dealer

Delivery and handover arranged for May 29th. Arrived at dealership and yes the vehicle was not ready for collection.

Toyota buy on line closed till Tuesday , i have log book and the car is taxed but dealership refused to handover despite confirmation email from Toyota.

My own feedback to Toyota is this dealership does not want yo participate in this process, making it as awkward as possible To cut out the middle men..

[Name of dealer deleted in accordance with No Naming & Shaming policy. If you have a complaint about a particular dealer then best to email Toyota UK]

Edited by Xileno on 29/05/2021 at 19:17

Toyota Yaris - Toyota buy on line experience [name of dealer deleted] - Will deBeast

I wonder whether the new scheme delivers low profit margins for the dealer?

Some Toyota dealers are excellent. Some seem to delight in trapping you for ages in the 'negotiation', whilst they run off to the managers.

My record for doing a deal with a Toyota dealer was 10 minutes, on the phone. Including me walking around my trade-in, describing each blemish. They honoured the trade-in value and pick up day was in/out in less than an hour.

It was so much easier than the previous day, when I spent 4 hours + with a local Toyota dealer, trying to do a deal on a nearly new Yaris.

I had the same thing when buying a landcruiser. One dealer took forever. The other reserved the car for me instantly on the phone. It had been priced fairly, so it was just a matter of the quick test drive and we agreed they'd throw in a towbar in lieu of any discount.

The two dealers who did quick deals priced their cars competitively. As a result there was no need to negotiate. The two who took forever priced high and were very reluctant to compromise.

Toyota Yaris - Toyota buy on line experience [name of dealer deleted] - Heidfirst

The two dealers who did quick deals priced their cars competitively. As a result there was no need to negotiate. The two who took forever priced high and were very reluctant to compromise.

I have had that experience even with 2 Toyota dealers within the same group .