What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Lexus NX - 2017 Lexus NX 300h or BMW X3 SE - Ken_99

Any suggestions on their long-term reliabilities and comfortability? Thank you!

Lexus NX - 2017 Lexus NX 300h or BMW X3 SE - badbusdriver

The Lexus will be more reliable than the BMW no question. How much more so depends on the exact model of X3 you are thinking of.

Comfort?, well with the BMW, a lot will depend on the wheel/tyre combo. Massive alloys with ultra low profile tyres will be a detriment to ride comfort, noise levels, mpg (slightly) and of course will be more expensive to replace. No personal experience of either, and while I'm sure the Lexus will also be affected by the wheel/tyre combo, I'd be very surprised if the Lexus wasn't more comfortable and refined, as they don't have the baggage of all that 'ultimate driving machine' nonsense to contend with.

How nice either would be to drive will depend how you drive. The BMW will be sportier and more responsive to fit with the image. The Lexus much more laid back, and wouldn't be much fun to drive hard as the hybrid drivetrain is much more suited to a more relaxed gait.

For me it would be the Lexus all day long.

Lexus NX - 2017 Lexus NX 300h or BMW X3 SE - Heidfirst

Reliability - Lexus (& when you do need it the Lexus dealer experience will be better).

Comfort - the BMW will probably have the higher quality cabin with more user-friendly infomation system. As bbd said for onroad though a lot will come downto the wheel/tyre combo on either.

Lexus NX - 2017 Lexus NX 300h or BMW X3 SE - Ken_99

Thank you all very much!

Lexus NX - 2017 Lexus NX 300h or BMW X3 SE - Metropolis.
High peak autos did a review of the NX, might find one of the BMW I’m not sure.

Lexus review: youtu.be/eMGsY9DDuiQ